I have told y’all before that bacon is an essential part of any self-respecting Texas gal’s diet. Bacon is yummy. It can make darn near anything taste good. And, for us bacon lovers, there are all sorts of other products associated with bacon that we can acquire. So, here are:
1. Just plain bacon! Can’t you just smell the aroma of that Applewood Bacon? Do you hear it sizzling in the pan? That’s a sweeter sound than angels singing!
2. A bacon wallet…for when I bring home the bacon (only $7.95 at Perpetual Kid)…someday I’ll bring home the bacon!
4. Gummi Bacon strips…OK, they taste like strawberry, but they are good for a conversation starter—or gross out. Get ’em at Archie McPhee
3. Bacon & okra
4. Bacon strip bandages…they make me want an ouchie. Sprout has ’em for $4.65.
5. Bacon & eggs…mmmm…cholesterol!
6. Bacon & egg bandages…again from Sprout (I love this place!)
7. Filet mignon (with bacon!). Throw away the beef, all you need is bacon.
8. Bacon air freshener. C’mon you know you want it. It’s from Gagworks (Does it make you want to? Gag, that is?)
9. Bacon grease! No Southern kitchen is complete without a jar of this. I even wrote an essay about it, because I love it so much. You can fry just nearly anything in it—it especially makes tofu more palatable.
10. As if air freshener weren’t enough, there are BLT candles, which are described as “sensual, sexy and tantalizing” by Grateful Palate. Even I don’t believe that.
11. Bacon flavored toothpicks. All of us Southerners must have toothpicks dangling from our grins. They may as well taste good. Again from Archie McPhee.
12. Kyra Sedgwick of The Closer (my favorite televisions show)
13. KEVIN BACON!