Wordless Wednesday

fireworks-closeup_1-2.JPG

Y’all have never known me to quiet for Wordless Wednesday. This begs explanation. It is a closeup image of a weaving called “Fireworks” that I did (before I started blogging). A friend said I couldn’t weave something that cost nothing. I showed her. This is in a frame made from limbs. The raffia was easter grass. The yarns and feather boa were leftovers from other projects. The colored un-spun wool has been in my basket for years, and the bulk of this is woven with strips of plastic grocery bags. The purple beads were my Aunt LaVerta’s.

fireworks-2.JPG

Comment and your link will magically
be added to the bottom of the first page.

12 comments for “Wordless Wednesday

1. April 25, 2007 at 6:49 am

That is very interesting. At first I thought it was a spider until I looked again.

LOL. I’m crushed…it’s supposed to be fireworks! So much for an artist’s vision~skt

2. April 25, 2007 at 7:50 am

I had no idea what that was close up – very creative ! Happy WW to you! Mine is wordless, well almost. 😉

Sweet Tea, you are like me…never wordless.~skt

3. April 25, 2007 at 8:57 am

Beautiful!! It’s amazing that a few ‘scraps’ can come together to create such a unique piece. A good example of the sum being greater than it’s parts…

That’s some talent you have!

Thank you, Wylie. I was just tickled to be getting some scraps out of the bag!~skt

4. April 25, 2007 at 11:05 am

You are amazing at times. The weaving is striking; the message is still needed although some would think by now we would all have gotten it; your contest will make people smile.

Pshaw, Marcia. I appreciate you coming back over to see me. I love your poems. They are my daily inspiration, on me feed reader.~skt

5. April 25, 2007 at 11:21 am

Very creative!!

Thank you! And, thanks for visiting. ~skt

6. April 25, 2007 at 11:33 am

Truly lovely! I wish I was so good with my hands! 🙂

I appreciate your visit, Selena, and thanks for the compliment!~skt

7. Alissa
    April 25, 2007 at 11:38 am

You should have posted this on earthday! It’s great!

Thank you, but I wish that YOU had taken the picture of it! Your pictures are so wonderful! ~skt

8. April 25, 2007 at 12:13 pm

Wow — you have some talent. I like the addition of the plastic bag.

SusieJ, the plastic bag was the bulk of it…I had to get rid of those without sending them to the dump~skt

9. Robyn
    April 25, 2007 at 1:37 pm

If you tell stories like you weave you should write a book. R

You are waaay too kind, Robyn.~skt

10. April 25, 2007 at 7:06 pm

wow. very creative indeed. And the result is beautiful. And the best part is it costs nothing!

Costs nothing but time! Thanks for the kudos.~skt

11. April 26, 2007 at 12:21 pm

I don’t know how I missed you yesterday, but I did. Sorry! You are extremely talented. This is beautiful. My hat is off to you. 😀

Thank you. You probably missed me because I didn’t go around much. Fighting off a bug, so I didn’t feel like thinking! I’m glad you found me today.~skt

12. May 9, 2007 at 5:16 am

Well, I’m really enjoying your site. I plan on coming back for more. Great info. Keep up the great work!
    The Magician

Well, good! I hope you do. I saw in my stats that you were visiting, and wondered who you were.~skt