Back To Our Regularly Scheduled Program

Whew! I put together some pages today to help me keep track of updates for Share A Square. NO, I haven’t had time yet to actually update, so don’t y’all go sassing me, even if you are on the SASS BLOGROLL. If you aren’t on it, you need to let me know that, don’t you?

I think this will make it easier for me to keep to a regular posting schedule for the other types of posts I like to write. Instead of having to write a whole post about crocheted squares, all I will have to do now is just add links and pictures as it happens. When large news happens, I’ll still post about it. But, you can look on the sidebar on the right to find links to what is going on in the project on a day to day basis.

The best part of not having to write extra posts is that I’ll finally get to start visiting again—-by the end of the week. If you happened to have noticed that I haven’t been at your blog lately, I hope you will accept my apologies. And, look for me soon! Will you still talk to me?

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

For today, I’ve got to get to work on the house. My kiddo comes in from San Francisco tonight, and I still don’t have the house very clean. EEK! Before I scoot off to do that, I want to share an e-mail my sister just sent. It broke my heart. Y’all may have already gotten this in an e-mail and if so I apologize.
See this man?

m_n_after.jpg

Remember this man?
m_n_before.jpg

Aww. Mike Nesmith, what happened? Dang. I feel old now.

I remember my sister and I dashing in from school every day to plop in front of the television set and watch The Monkees. Oh, my goodness, y’all! Our pre-teen hormones were raging! I didn’t care that they weren’t really musicians (and they weren’t really actors, either!). I just wanted to look at them.

Did any of y’all ever watch that show, or am I that much older than you?
Quick Quiz. Don’t cheat and Google the answers!

• Name the other three members of The Monkees.
  • Name three (3) songs that they sang (besides that “Hey, Hey, We’re The Monkees”).
  • What then useful (although now almost obsolete) product did Michael Nesmith’s mother invent?
  • I’ll talk to you later….

[EDITOR’S NOTE: The Share A Square Project is an ongoing one! You can see posts about what we did in 2010-2011 at this category link. Join us at Facebook or Ravelry. We would love to have your help. Visit the FAQ for more information.]

10 comments for “Back To Our Regularly Scheduled Program

1. July 10, 2007 at 11:02 am

Everytime I read one of your posts, I like you even better!!! One of my most vivid childhood memories is “Monkee-ing Around”. I would race home from school in time to catch the theme song.

1. Of course, I know all Monkee members….Michael Nesmith, Mickey Dolenz, Peter Dork (oops, sorry Tork) and ahhhhh DAVY JONES! If only I were old enough to go to prom back then, I know I could have won him over from Marcia Brady, no doubt!

2. My faves are Daydream Believer, Last Train to Clarksville and She, but they actually have a lot of good songs, you know, for not really being musicians, a band or even good enough actors to fool people like Milli Vanilli.

3. I know this!!!!!! His mother invented Liquid Paper!!!

😆 I’m ROFLMAO! I knew that if you were the first to swoop in, the answers would all be there! You are so good. Michael Nesmith actually was a pretty decent musician, and although he wasn’t the cutest by any means, he was my favorite, because he was from TEXAS! Whoot! If Davy had ever SEEN you, honey, that heifer Marcia Brady wouldn’t have had a chance.~skt

2. July 10, 2007 at 12:01 pm

No! Say it ain’t so Mike!

The rest were Micky Dolenz, Davy Jones and Peter Tork.

My personal favorites were Daydream Believer, Last Train to Clarksville and I’m a Believer, but I’ll admit to a soft spot for Peter Percival Pattersons Pet Pig Porky LOL. And Auntie Grizelda, and Pleasant Valley Sunday, and…

I loved the Monkees. Even caught their 1987 reunion tour, and dear god even that was 20 years ago. Gulp…

Wasn’t that the saddest picture you ever saw? Robin, you and Jessica The Rock Chick know EVERYTHING! Why, I had totally forgotten P.P.P.P.P.P. :lol:! Pleasant Valley Sunday, Daydream Believer and I’m a Believer were my personal favorites. You saw the reunion tour! Oh, you had it worse than I did…~skt

3. July 10, 2007 at 4:39 pm

People dread lament the loss of youth when their identity is in their youth. I like to look at youth as the process which enabled me to be a great old(er) person. I wouldn’t go back to the age young Nesmith’s appearance for a million buckS! Talk about ignorant, oh i was then!

Oh, Damien. You are a guy…you don’t “get” it. I don’t want to be that young again, but I want Mike Nesmith to still look that way! 😆 We were ALL ignorant when we were young, and age didn’t improve all of us in that regard!~skt

4. meg
      July 10, 2007 at 5:44 pm

Yikes- he has aged, but haven’t we all 😕 Actually- he doesn’t look too bad
      1. Davy Jones, Micky Dolanz, & Peter Tork
      2. “I’m a Believer”; “Last Train to Clarksville”; “Daydream Believer”
      3. Oh, rats- I use to know this one! Something in office supplies, but I can’t think of it ❓

You’re good! It’s liquid paper!…you can’t think of it, because we never use it now that we have printers 😆 He doesn’t look too bad, but….meh…I miss the cuteness.~skt

5. July 10, 2007 at 5:59 pm

He’s a hottie for HIS age! I would have loved to participate, but if Google can’t play, I’m not either!

Don’t be a spoil sport! Google cheats…you could have done it if you tried 😆 Yeah, he is hot for HIS age. I’m sooo much younger (mphhht!)~skt

6. July 10, 2007 at 6:03 pm

I just read the post below and your vision is spreading like wild fire. Giving comes from the purest place.

It does, Rosemarie, and I am appreciating all the help that comes in. It is overwhelming~skt

7. July 10, 2007 at 7:00 pm

Don’t spread this rumor, but I prefer the older him. I always thought he was a bit dorky, although I watched the show along with the rest of the world and sang the theme song.

Back to regularly scheduled programming. Where is Bon Jovi, Jessica got so hear him sing Hallelujah, I didn’t!
      Yeah, Jessica gets ALL the fun. I wanna be a rock chick. And he was NOT dorky! He was just a Texan…~skt

8. July 10, 2007 at 8:09 pm

Yep, and I’m a lot older than you…OMG. Yep. I sent of the package of yarn and hooks today. You should have it by Thursday, or maybe Friday. I didn’t sent little tags. I’m just donating, so you put on a tag from someone that is crocheting. Okay, I’m not crafty enough to make tags either. Have a great day. 🙂

I don’t think you are a LOT older than I am. After you get past forty, it stops mattering. Sorry for the delay in reply, I got a little caught up in things around here. I got your package and it is going to come to good use on THURSDAY!!! OMG, I can’t believe it’s already time! Thank you so much, Sandee.~skt

9. July 10, 2007 at 9:25 pm

I come from a later generation, wasn’t even born when the Monkees first appeared, but all my siblings and I were addicted to the reruns. It was great fun to watch when I was young, and I have to say Davy Jones was one of my first crushes.

Cordia, Davy Jones was a first crush for a LOT of girls. I wonder what HE looks like now? The Monkees were fun to watch, just because they were so silly and cute. They certainly couldn’t act!~skt

10. JAM
      July 11, 2007 at 11:16 am

Here’s a guy who loved the Monkees. That car was awesome and they were funny.

Mike Nesmith’s mother invented Liquid Paper. When she died and he inherited her millions, he became a true music video pioneer. His early music videos won awards at the time.

This past week was the 40th anniversary of Jimi Hendrix Experience joining the Monkees’ north American tour. The teen girls didn’t “get” Jimi and the group only ended up playing 5-10 shows opening for the Monkees. How’s that for some music trivia for ya?

You and my husband both knew of Mike Nesmith’s involvement with MTV. I had no clue. No, I guess teen girls wouldn’t “get” Jimi Hendrix…if they were coming to see the Monkees :lol:~skt