I’ve Got My Eye On YOU

eye_on_you.jpg

YIKES! OK, I know that picture is a little scary. Sorry. I just want to get the point across that I’m spending Friday looking at you. I’m reading your blogs. I’m answering comments that have been sitting here for more than a week (so don’t be surprised if you hear from me, at last). I’m catching up with friends and meeting some new ones.

I’ll also update the Share A Square information as soon as I get to the mailbox (but they never have my mail in there until after 10:30). And, I’m going to be ruminating on what I might write for the Carnival of Circular Communication. The theme is “blogging.” I haven’t written much about blogging in awhile, and I’ve been thinking about it a lot lately (especially since I have been restricted somewhat from doing it!).

I intend to think up questions to ask Jessica The Rock Chick during the Blogathon 2007. She’s blogging for VH1 Save The Music Foundation and has promised during her full day marathon of blogging to answer if we ask her about her dirty little secrets! Let’s see if she will tell the truth. What wicked things can I ask her?

I’m going to take a press release to the newspaper about an upcoming Share A Square Day. My spouse and I might even take in a movie, if we can figure out what we want to go see.

And, definitely I am going to go get some Oil of Olay!

What kind of FOOL puts pictures of her wrinkles out for the whole dang internet to see? Shelly, what were you thinking??

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

[UPDATE:

• Sparky Duck at Philly Transplant is also brave enough to enter Blogathon 2007. He’s raising money for Shriners Childrens Hospitals. Mrs. Duck has some compelling reasons why you should donate right here.
  • Around The Island has a wonderful entry for MommaBlogga’s group writing contest called “No Market For Used Teenagers”
  • Karen Shanley: Author Mom with Dogs wrote an excellent article called “My First Rule of Writing.” It’s part of a group writing project at Clean Cut Blog. Read her work, read the rules, and start writing, people!
  • FatBloke Thin has a weight loss challenge going on over at his blog. Any of you who are thinking, “Now is the time” should run over and join in the group. It sounds like an excellent way to get some support while you are fighting those pounds!
  • Because I’ve been so out-of-the-loop and haven’t been reading many blogs lately, I failed to congratulate my friend SusieJ! She’s on vacation at her lake house right now, but I want her to get a belated Happy Birthday from me, and want to tell her how proud I am that she has been included in the Parent Blogger Network! Good going, girl!
  •   14 comments for “I’ve Got My Eye On YOU

1. July 26, 2007 at 8:34 pm

since i am doing the blogathon as well, i figure I can distract you with a question for jessica, so you dont wander over my way as I flouder.

either ask her why she is a rock chick or does rock chick mean groupie? i am sure you can think up things from there.

I’ve just linked to your blogathon info, Sparky, and wish you the best of luck with that. I’ll pose your question(with your link) to Jessica…but I’ll wander over your way. There’s something fishy about you saying you don’t want me to watch you flounder :lol:~skt

2. July 26, 2007 at 10:57 pm

I’m Vibin’ with those glasses! They look like they’d never bend like mine are … rrr dontchya hate that? Not eligible for mew frames til next year. I’m gonna get that tiger color frame style instead of the ultra-lights this time.

I hate getting stuck with one pair of frames for a year! If you decide you look dorky, there isn’t anything you can do! Yes, I’m going to be visiting you, so don’t fall out of the chair. Maybe I’ll make so many comments that I can be in the top commenter list? I’ve missed seeing your writing, and I need a “fix.”~skt

3. July 27, 2007 at 7:44 am

They just opened a new vision store at our mall and they have 2 pairs of glasses for $99.00…cute frames, too! I wear contacts 90% of the time, but, I was able to get several pairs for non-contact time.

All glasses bother me, though. I don’t know if I’m so addicted to my contacts, but I don’t like seeing the frames when I look around. It drives me a little batty.

I’ve got Sparky Duck’s question and I am anxious to answer it! πŸ™‚

Jessica

I’m lucky that my eyes changed (with age) and I no longer have to wear glasses to drive. But, I can’t see anything close-up anymore. The last two times at the optometrist, she has said to keep on with just over the counter glasses, so I buy the ugliest ones I can find (I love ugly glasses). I did well, don’t you think? :lol:~skt

4. July 27, 2007 at 8:23 am

You’re inspiring me. I’ve been finding it a challenge to keep up with all my wonderful commenters. I shall do better!

About the only way to do it is to just take a day off! LOL! Who’s got time to do that? I love the comments, and don’t want them to stop. But, people won’t always come back to look and see what you said. It’s a quandary, isn’t it?

5. July 27, 2007 at 8:53 am

You are one savvy woman. I know I can always pop in here to find out what’s going on. Thanks for the updates.

Well, I haven’t known what is going on for a loooong time, but I’m trying to play “catch-up.” Next time you stop by, I linked to you…and Happy Birthday! A day late and a dollar short. It’s the story of my life.~skt

6. July 27, 2007 at 11:07 am

I’ll admit it…It scared me a bit. I was sitting way to close to have a face jump out at me. Enjoy your visits and have a great weekend. πŸ™‚

Yeah, well watch out, because I’m coming over to your house soon…. are you scared yet?~skt

7. July 27, 2007 at 12:33 pm

My mother has always told me that you shouldn’t draw attention to anything you don’t want people to see. And I learned long ago not to point out “errors” in my quilts. I may be unobservant, but if you hadn’t pointed out the wrinkles, I’d have never seen them.

Or, maybe I’ve just gotten so used to my own that they don’t bother me any more! I’ve been wearing glasses since fourth grade with a brief break for contacts a few years back. I really wish that I could afford to do the contacts you wear for a day and pitch out.

Good luck with all your blog reading!

Thanks, Buffy. That’s a beautiful quilt you have going at your house. I don’t think I would wear contacts…but I’m almost willing to risk laser surgery to correct my vision. It gets worse with every year. As for the wrinkles πŸ˜† I figure I earned every dadgum one of them. They are mostly laugh lines, anyway, so I don’t really care if you see them~skt

8. July 27, 2007 at 1:19 pm

Like the glasses! I need new ones, so I’ve been paying attention to other people’s.

Enjoy the movie!

Mine are not prescription….just extra strength reading glasses, because I really can’t see diddly anymore. Not that I WANT to see diddly, but there you go~skt

9. July 27, 2007 at 1:52 pm

I thought I had noticed a few responses to comments in my inbox. Glad to hear from you.

Let me know what movie you see. Tomorrow the hubs and I are going to see Hairspray. He’s been hearing the reviews and he’s glad I want to see it again.

Yeah, I’m sending e-mails on the more recent ones, but trying to answer as far back as I can. I feel like a schmuck for getting so far behind! I think Hairspray (based on your excellent review) will be our choice, but I’ll let you know~skt

10. July 27, 2007 at 2:22 pm

Thank you so much for the link, Shelly.

Karen wrote a fast-paced entry for the GWP. I really hope some of your readers take you up on your encouragement to “start writing, people.”

I’m so pleased that your Share A Square drive has been so successful.

You are so welcome! I’m excited about your new blog (well, OK, I don’t know how really new it is, because I’ve been staring at yarn for awhile now and don’t get out). Anyway, I am thinking about writing for it and I hope some of the other readers will submit. Karen’s was really good, though~skt

11. July 28, 2007 at 7:22 am

nice glasses! πŸ˜›

Thank you! Actually, I think they are so ugly they are cute :lol:~skt

12. July 28, 2007 at 4:06 pm

Thanks for the mention Shelly, and the kind words.

You can have a mention any time you want it. I’m an admirer. You are a wonderful writer.~skt

13. March 24, 2009 at 12:46 am

Hiya, i have seen your site when searching a few weeks ago and i really love the design! I just bought a new 3 character domain (cost me a packet) for a niche review blog, and i was wondering if your design is a free or paid one? I’m new to WordPress and about to set it up, and i would really like to get something with a similar look to yours. Any ideas where i could download or buy something similar? Thanks for your help! πŸ™‚

Mine was specially designed for me. The woman’s link is in the sidebar. Good luck.

14. November 10, 2010 at 4:10 pm

picture looks good not to mention the glasses. These glasses are now in fashion. Just the wide open eye will scare me if I happen to see in the dark