Nice Matters Award. A Nice Surprise.

niceaward.jpgMy good blogging buddy Jenny McB at J’s Thoughts and Musings surprised me with an award yesterday. Thank you, Jen for passing that to me. I needed that to pick up my spirits. It was a long day!

Jen was one of the first bloggers who ever commented on my blog, and we have commiserated by e-mail and even by phone about trying to deal with the technology on our blogs, about families, about crochet and life in general. I hope one day I get to sit on the porch with her for real and shoot the breeze. If you come by to visit that day, you’d best wear your boots, because “it” will get deep, if you know what I mean. If you don’t—never mind.

Here’s the words that go with the Nice Matters Award.

“This award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world. Once you’ve been awarded please pass it on to 7 others who you feel are deserving of this award.”

I was delighted to know that she still considers me a blogging friend! I haven’t been a very good one lately. I don’t get around to visit anyone (even when I can find my glasses) and I’m not quick to respond to comments. I feel guilty. “Guilt” is my middle name. Or, is it “Procrastination?” Maybe it’s “Indecision.” I don’t know. I do apologize to all of you, but I really am being industrious—just not on my blog. If you go to the update for Share A Square, in the morning you will see! I want to wait for daylight to take pictures.

I’m going to have to work on an award for my non-blogging friends. Through the Share A Square program, I am meeting some wonderful people who deserve awards, too. There’s a ton of them, and I think I’ll just work up a list so that y’all can “meet” them.

As for passing this award on, I can only hope to send it to folks who haven’t gotten it (since I haven’t gotten a chance to read). Jen named several people I would have. Tea at Teatime Ramblings, Janet at Life in Westcliffe; Jessica at Life is RANTastic; Harlekwin at Boho Rap; Susan at West of Mars. I don’t yet know Paulie at Paulie’s Postcards, but I hope to know her soon.

Even though Jen named so many folks I love, that still leaves a field wide open of wonderful people I’ve met on the internet. Seven is hardly enough! Here are a few that maybe you haven’t met.

• Nigel at Fat Bloke Thin is a delightful “bloke.” I hope that was the proper use of the word, Nigel, as I don’t really speak the King’s English. Y’all know that’s a fact. Nigel is on a mission to lose weight, and he’s willing to support anyone who wants to join him in a challenge. He’s a great cheerleader, and excellent blog host, and a good friend to have.
  • Vickie at Vixen’s Den, who carries the weight of the world on her shoulders as she awaits the birth of a new grandbaby and has just discovered that her other granddaughter has epilepsy. She still finds time to come visit to bolster my spirits and to crochet for charity.
  • Frigga at Any Apples. She is one of the best blogging friends you can hope to have. Supportive, kind, funny, you name it and she’s it. Meet her the first chance you get. You will not regret it.
  • Sherry at Yellow Rose’s Garden is a living doll. I thought at first that she was a “Georgia Peach,” though using a yellow rose for a logo convinced me she might be Texan. She’s gonna be a Texan soon, and will almost be my neighbor. Yeeha! I can’t wait until that sweet lady gets here.
  • Robin at Around The Island visits to talk to me almost every day, and I talk to her with my morning coffee. I have no idea what time it is in Israel when we talk. I’ve asked her about recipes before, and she has willingly posted them for me. She writes beautifully, and she reads archives! How cool is that?
  • Rosemarie at Miscellaneous Matters is a generous blogger with a lot to say. As she makes her rounds each day, she always stops in to comment. She tells it like it is.
  • Finally Marcia at Tumbled Words, Meeaugraphie, and forty-eleven other blogs. I have no earthly idea how that woman has the time to do all the things she does. I believe that Marcia could singlehandedly save the world. She takes on every cause you can possibly name (and she writes to lift your spirits if she thinks you are the least bit down in the dumps!). She and her husband, Saint Leon, hold a special place in my heart, even though I’ve never met them.

One of these days, I’m going to win the lottery and meet all of these bloggers and a whole lot more of you. Maybe we can have a party on my porch. I’d even mow the lawn for you…why I would scrub the toilets! I might even move some of the crochet off the couch…

Nahh. I’m lying. My Daddy always said, “Make yourself at home, if you’re not you oughta be.” I figure that you are “family,” not company. You’ll have to take me warts and all.

14 comments for “Nice Matters Award. A Nice Surprise.

1. Marcia
    August 17, 2007 at 9:05 pm

If you leave the squares on the couch with some black yarn and a crochet hook, someone may pick it up and start crocheting. 😛

I know how Leon feels now, guilty over the Saint thing, yet he managed not to laugh too loud when I read him about my getting things done… You are too kind, Shelly. Thank you.

If I win the lottery first, I’ll finance your party, as long as it is less than 80 degrees outside.

I never thought about just leaving it lying around, because the CATS might crochet. They aren’t very good at it. If you win the lottery first, remember that I just love you to pieces…and I’m deserving:lol:~skt

2. August 18, 2007 at 10:07 am

This post, Shelly, illustrates exactly why you deserve the Nice Matters Award.

For the record, I agree with you: my blog friends are family. I ain’t cleaning the house for you guys. I ain’t getting your water out of the refrigerator door for you. Come on in and make yourself at home.

That’s pretty much the way it has to be, isn’t it? I’d obsess about making everything just right, but I don’t have time. Y’all do it for me, won’t you?~skt

3. August 18, 2007 at 3:36 pm

As Susan said, to me this post shows why you deserve this award. You are so sweet and I am so very touched. You made me cry. Good cry, which is way better than some of the ones I have had this week! You are the best!

If I ever get to Texas, I am stopping by and making myself at home. I was raised to believe that was the way to show someone you really liked them as a friend.

And, you will be more than welcome! Oh, if you make yourself at home, I make you pick up after yourself…just so you know :twisted:~skt

4. August 18, 2007 at 4:55 pm

In the short time I have been reading you I would say Jenny made a great choice when she chose to pass this award on to you. You chose some great ones to pass it on to as well.

I love what your Daddy always said, the way I see it there is no place like home so when you make someone feel at home they will be at home. You do a good job of it right here.

I’m falling down on the job, Vickie, but I try as hard as I can.~skt

5. August 19, 2007 at 9:47 pm

Um … you just got another one of those from me! Dontcha just love it when two people bring the same gifts to the shower?!

Anyway, I just posted. You’re at the top of my list!

Oh, You are too nice 😆 I have some other awards to give out, and they have your name on ’em. I just have been procrastinating, and then my computer fizzled…:sad: Life is the berries sometimes. Thank you for awarding me (pssst! don’t tell anyone, but I’m not THAT nice!)~skt

6. FatBlokeThin
    August 20, 2007 at 12:09 am

{BLUSH}

Thanks for giving me something else to think about! Lol! SEVEN??? I still haven’t pased on the thinking blogger award I got from Karoline ages ago…

AS you know, my struggle to be ‘nice’ is as hard sometimes as my struggle to lose weight…this little award is another great motivation that arrived just in the nick of time.

Thanks Shelly – your ‘niceness’ shines from every word you utter – something I STILL aspire to. You always remind me what blogging is all about.

{HUG}

ps – your command of the King’s English outshines me at every turnso don’t put yourself down! Not bad for a colonial anyway..lol!

You deserve a “nice award”, Nigel. I’m always in awe of the comments I see you making. We all have to struggle sometimes (you don’t know how many re-writes I do to take out what I REALLY want to say sometimes :lol:)~skt

7. Mo
    August 20, 2007 at 11:09 am

Oops. 😯 I guess Jen beat me to it – but, it just *proves* you’re nice, as I gave you one today, too) 😀

Mo, I have y’all so “snowed!” You are a sweetheart to give me that. I’m just glad that some folks I know don’t get to put their two cents in about how “nice” I am!:lol: Their might be some dissenting opinions!~skt

8. August 20, 2007 at 1:56 pm

You so deserve it too. Congratulations. Have a great day. 🙂

On a good day, I can be “nice,” Sandee. Fortunately for me, on a blog I can edit myself :lol:~skt

9. August 20, 2007 at 5:18 pm

Congratulations!! Your heart is pure gold.

Thank you SusieJ. I’m not sure about that, but I’ll accept the compliment with a smile.~skt

10. August 20, 2007 at 6:33 pm

I just nominated you for this award in my blog. It’s up to you what you do with it…just know you brighten my day…everyday.

I’m honored…and y’all are embarrassing me! Thank you.~skt

11. August 21, 2007 at 2:45 pm

Ah shucks, thanks Shelly! You are a sweetie and this made my day!

Anything I can do….:smile:~skt

12. August 21, 2007 at 2:46 pm

Oh and btw: You deserve this award more than anyone I know!! 😉

NOW, you are making me blush.~skt

13. September 4, 2007 at 7:56 pm

Forgive me for not accepting this earlier! 😳

Believe it or not, I was on Technorati by way of Damien at Riley’s request. He’s so into all that tech stuff, and had me searching for my name and links. The short version is I wanted to change my name on his widget! Truthfully, all that and those feeds scare me. I’m too bothered with thinking and writing that I can’t imagine keeping up with it. Anyway, that inquiry led me here. Ohmygosh! THANKS! I will certainly be spreading the love soon.

I really appreciate your comments regarding my generosity. I hope to continue as life permits!

I’m learning nice does matter, and most of all to those that don’t deserve it. Kindness does wonders for our character and eternal benefits. Shoot, I’ll just say it, “It looks good on me!”

You deserved it!~skt

14. September 7, 2007 at 4:46 pm

Thanks for the award! I have passed it on and published my nominations today.

I’ll come check it out!~skt