21 comments for “Dona Nobis Pacem

1. June 4, 2008 at 5:37 am

I love the graphic you’ve used. Did you make it?

I managed to miss it yet again this year, but I’ve been leaving this all over the blogosphere as my contribution instead:

Peace Will Come
    Words and Music by Tom Paxton

Peace
    Peace will
    Peace will come
    And let it begin with me

We
    We need
    We need peace
    And let it begin with me

Oh, my own life is all I can hope to control.
    Oh, let my life be lived for the good,
    Good of my soul.
    Let it bring

Peace
    Sweet peace
    Peace will come
    And let it begin with me

Robins last blog post..WFMW – Scavenger Hunts
    Beautiful, my friend. And, yes I DID make the graphic. I was pleased as all get out to be able to merge a picture, and make the background of the top one transparent (with a none to steady hand on the cursor!). I’ve never done anything like that before, but am itching to try it again.

2. June 4, 2008 at 7:53 am

Very impressive work on the graphic Shelly. Together we can change the world! Peace!!!

Vixens last blog post..Dona Nobis Pacem

Thank you, darlin’. And, YES WE CAN!

3. June 4, 2008 at 10:20 am

I chose a song, too. I could not come up with better words then Mimi did anyway.
    Have a peaceful day and let love rule! :o)

Ivanhoes last blog post..Dona Nobis Pacem

Thanks for stopping by, Ivanhoe, and you have a peaceful day, too!

4. June 4, 2008 at 11:01 am

Thank you for sharing your peaceful wisdom at my post.

We must be on the same wavelength and my maiden name was Shelly!

Hands in peace is a great message!

Debbie Dolphins last blog post..Vote for Peace and Senator Speedy in 2008

Thank you, Debbie, and thanks for stopping by. I love your thought that humor can change things. It sure can.

5. June 4, 2008 at 11:14 am

Peace to you too Shelly. I love the song. Awesome. Have a great day. Big hug and lotsa lovies. 🙂

Comedy Pluss last blog post..Dona Nobis Pacem

Thanks for stopping by, Sandee. I like that song, too. Nanci Griffith sounds a little like Minnie Mouse, but dang she is a good singer/songwriter!

6. June 4, 2008 at 11:48 am

Very good post on such an exciting day! She is an interesting singer too.

Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it. Ps. 34:14

Yes, she IS a good singer! Peace to you.

7. June 4, 2008 at 11:57 am

My blog for peace is up, and yours is divine.

Penelope Annes last blog post..Wordless Wednesday #16 ~ Blogging for Peace

Thank you Penelope Anne, I liked yours, too!

8. June 4, 2008 at 12:00 pm

One of my favorite songs. Thank you

“Words have power … If you get the right ones, in the right order, you can nudge the world a little.”

Tom Stoppard

May we all say together: PEACE

Jamies last blog post..Dona Nobis Pacem

Tom Stoppard is right, but it’s the “order” that is hard to master 😆

9. June 4, 2008 at 1:03 pm

It isn’t enough to talk about peace, one must believe it.
    And it isn’t enough to to believe in it, one must work for it.
    – Eleanor Roosevelt

Good Work Shelly!

Coris last blog post..A Blogger in the making?

Wonderful quote! Everyone else seems to be using quotes, and I didn’t take the time! I should have. Thanks for stopping and peace to you.

10. June 4, 2008 at 2:41 pm

Very well said and done!

Let there be PEACE on earth and let it begin with us!

Love and Peace to you and yours…

Sannis last blog post..Dona Nobis Pacem

Thanks, Sanni, but I didn’t say much…I let Nancy do the talking for me.

11. June 4, 2008 at 3:36 pm

dona nobis pacem…reminds me of the camping song we used to sing to those words…

Love the graphic you made! Here’s to peace in our times.

kaceys last blog post..Always one more

Yep, Kacey. Peace in our time one person at a time.

12. June 4, 2008 at 4:20 pm

Great to see you on board and what a nice Globe!

Hello from Norway – peace to you and yours!

RennyBAs last blog post..Dona Nobis Pacem

Thank you, Renny. Peace to you in Norway.

13. June 4, 2008 at 7:12 pm

Great image on your peace globe!

Peace to you, too 🙂

CatSynths last blog post..Dona Nobis Pacem

I loved the black cat and fish on YOURS!

14. June 4, 2008 at 10:20 pm

Loved your globe and especially the way you chose to convey your message with the music. One thing I’ve noticed so often today as I wandered around looking at Peace Globes and the posts is that many of us have chosen in one way or another to use a specific piece of music either in our post or as an audio or video element. Thus, I have heard several really beautiful songs today. (I did two posts for the BlogBlast for Peace -one, where I ‘pontificated’ I guess you could say on the song, “Let There Be Peace On Earth” and in the other post, I put up the URL for the u-tube video of “Loose Lips” from the movie Juno. Did that mainly because my daughter and I both really liked the base message of that song and especially for the bit it has about the War and Dubya too! Ah, yes -as ‘protest’ type songs go, now that one is my kind of music!
    Peace be with you too Shelley and those around you.

Jeni Hill Ertmers last blog post..Dona Nobis Pacem

15. June 5, 2008 at 10:12 am

Peace to you and yours =)

Starrlights last blog post..TT #44 – I Can Sing My Song Again

16. June 5, 2008 at 11:04 am

Still trying to visit more of the Peace Blast sites. What a wonderful version of a wonderful song. I love your graphic peace-sign. Very creative. Peace.

Ravens last blog post..Poem(s) of the Week: Love Poems

17. June 7, 2008 at 10:59 am

I love the peace sign made by hands. That seems right to me.

Peace to you and yours!

Traviss last blog post..A Momentous Day

18. June 8, 2008 at 12:34 pm

I’m visiting all Peace Bloggers on Mimi’s Mr. Linky – it could take a while!

Love your globe and message.

Peace to you and yours. 🙂

Akelamalus last blog post..Saturday Wordzzle # 16

19. June 11, 2008 at 12:20 am

What a uniquely “different” post with a perfect song. I like the vibe here and your globe is just stunning.

Thank you for blogging for peace today.
    Peace to you and yours,
    Mimi

Mimi Lenoxs last blog post..Monday Mimisms With Mimi Queen of Memes: On Blogvation Until….