Four lucky winners (count them: one, two, three, FOUR) will receive a pair of tickets to hear Celtic Thunder live at a concert of their own choice (well, any concert of choice from October 23rd through December 2008)! The tour dates are listed here. These tickets are offered courtesy of AEG Live.
I’m giving you a gazillion chances to win this contest, and all you have to do is make a comment (for one chance to win) …and then help me make some noise about Celtic Thunder (to earn even more chances).
It wasn’t long ago that I described the group Celtic Thunder. I “discovered” them while I was watching the PBS station. It’s a group of five young men who sing amazing songs; both popular songs and ballads “from across the Celtic music spectrum—Irish, Scottish, traditional and contemporary.” I put a YouTube video on that post of the youngest member of the group (Damien McGinty) singing Paul Anka’s “Puppy Love.” It will knock your socks off, if you haven’t seen it.
I was so taken with them that I whined about it, and my sweet husband got on-line and bought tickets for their November 21st concert in Grand Prairie, TX. We paid $140 for the two tickets.
Here is what you need to know:
- Leave a comment at the bottom of this post for 1 entry to win. That is so you non-bloggers can get a shot at this, too. DON’T go making 100 comments, because only ONE counts.
- For 3 CHANCES TO WIN, write a blog post between now and High Noon, Texas time on THURSDAY, OCTOBER 16TH. That post MUST INCLUDE these three things: a link to this contest, at least a paragraph about Celtic Thunder (you can find more information about them here), AND a link to this location for tour dates and ticket information. That would be:
- Add an image of Celtic Thunder or a YouTube video of one of their songs to the post to create interest with your readers for 2 MORE CHANCES TO WIN.
- Yes, if you choose to post more than once, I’ll give you THREE TO FIVE MORE CHANCES TO WIN.
For an “Early Bird Special,” post by Saturday, October 11th for TWO EXTRA CHANCES TO WIN.If you didn’t do that one, it’s too late.
- If you have a Twitter account, tweet this contest page (one tweet per day) for ONE CHANCE PER TWEET. You need to follow me on Twitter, and send me an @reply or direct message on Twitter, so I know you did it.
- If you are a member of another social network where you can promote the contest, click that contact button at the top of this page and tell me. If I can verify the link, I’ll give you ANOTHER CHANCE TO WIN.
- It is a random drawing (and I promise Scout’s honor that I won’t be “playing favorites”). You can only win ONE pair of tickets.
- I’ll give the names of the four winners to the representative of AEG Live shortly after High Noon, Texas time on Thursday, October 16th. Then, I’ll post the names of the winners. The AEG representative has told me that your tickets will be at the “will call” desk, and they need one week to arrange it. The concert you choose must be October 23rd or later.
I found this YouTube video of Ryan Kelly from the group performing “Brothers In Arms,” a song by Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits. It has the lyrics written on it in both Spanish and English. This is for you to enjoy over there in Spain, Lola. I hope, mi hermana, that this translates better than Babelfish does!
Does it seem hot in here to y’all, or is it just me?
I am tickled pink to get the opportunity to give four of y’all a pair of tickets. I hope that you will help me spread the word. If the group has already visited your city, or if they aren’t going to be near you, I hope you’ll tell your readers about the contest anyway. I’m sure they would thank you for it.
Now, go forth and help me make some noise about Celtic Thunder. Best of luck to all of you. The list of entries starts here:
- Karina is in with a comment and promise of more for ONE entry. Karina posted the link to the contest in a Twitter tweet, so she has ONE more entry! Now TWO
- Sherry, at Yellow Rose’s Garden is in with a comment, and a Twitter (and the promise of a post). She currently has TWO entries. ACK, she just added SEVEN MORE by posting early, and adding pictures. Sherry has NINE TOTAL!
- Marcia, at RV Poetry is excited and is in with a comment and promise of a plug. Marcia has ONE entry right now. She added a Twitter tweet…now TWO entries. With a post, that makes a total of FIVE ENTRIES.
- Jerry made a comment, so he has ONE entry (good luck!)
- Sandra is in the game with ONE entry.
- Frances gets ONE entry (but you only get a pair of tickets if you win, so you might have to leave the grandkids with a sitter!)
- Jessica The Rock Chick posted “When Irish Eyes Are Smiling” with the a capella version of Celtic Thunder singing Danny Boy! She is an “early bird” and she commented, so now she has EIGHT entries! Thank you, girl.
- Mary H. has ONE entry.
- Kentucky Gal got all excited! She gets ONE entry for the comment, ONE for a tweet, ONE for a plurk, THREE for a post, TWO because it’s an “early bird”, TWO for the pics & video…TEN ENTRIES! I think she is trying to win tickets!
- Miranda has ONE for the comment, THREE for a post, TWO as an early bird, TWO for the pics, plus THREE tweets for ELEVEN entries. Good luck!
- Jan is in with an entry and a tweet for TWO chances.
- Vixen is in with a comment for ONE entry
- Trish is in with a comment for ONE entry
- Jessica Jones is in for ONE entry
- Kathleen has a comment, a post, and pictures for SIX entries.
- CONTEST IS CLOSED.