Link Love Again

When I first began this blog, I often sent you to view posts by some of my favorite bloggers. Lately, I’ve been remiss.

For my 49th Thursday Thirteen, I decided to tell you about some posts I’ve seen that I liked AND about some happenings around my place. I know you are busy trying to visit everyone, but if you follow the links you might enjoy them. Maybe you should bookmark the page for another day.

1. FIRST, I have to tell you that YOU have a chance to win free tickets to see Celtic Thunder in concert. I was given the opportunity to award a pair of tickets to FOUR different people. It’s easy to enter (just go to the contest post and comment), and you can increase your chances to win by helping me spread the word. If you aren’t familiar with Celtic Thunder, I’ve got some YouTube videos (one on the contest post, and an amazing one on my original post about the group). Comments on this post don’t count as an entry … you have to go to the contest page.
  2. Christmas ornaments are already out, and Halloween isn’t even over yet! That brings out the witch in me. But, shopping helps! AARP magazine (yes, I am old, and it’s my “literature”) had some nifty ideas. It said, “This holiday season, treat yourself well by pampering others ā€” with surprises that are good for their health, good for the planet … and good for your wallet.” Check them out at Feel Good Gifts on the AARP website. If you want, I’ll give you my wish list … I didn’t think so. Bah Humbug!
  3. My friend Jessica the Rock Chick gets on a roll sometimes. She has taken it upon herself to start a movement, called Walk This Way, to increase awareness of depression. Please check out what she has to say, and if it appeals to you, then support her cause. You can even put a picture of her cat boots on your blog!
  4. When I was a young, there was this obnoxious kid in the neighborhood. We called him “The Saint,” because everyone’s mom thought he was sooo perfect! Can you imagine having to be around a saint all the time? What if you were kin to a saint?? Bleeding Espresso and My Bellavita have interviews going on right now with a man named Justin Catanoso, who wrote a book about a cousin who is a saint! You can win a copy just by asking a question for Justin.
  5. Are you feeling like writing? I know of a couple of projects. Damien at Postcards From The Funny Farm has a Blog Carnival that will inspire people to be great by sharing stories about people who were great (even if it was only your Grandpa). He calls it “Amazing Visions.” The deadline for submissions is this Sunday at 2pm. Walt Disney is his logo for the contest.
  6. Stacey at Create A Balance has a Life Balance Group Writing Project in the works. If you’ve discovered how to achieve balance in life, go visit and participate. If you haven’t discovered balance…perhaps you should go read what folks have to say! I stole an image from you Stacey. You can slap me if you can reach me.
  7. Kacey at Wine on the Keyboard has a regular feature called “Photo of The Month.” Go visit the September photos. I didn’t check to see who won. You might want to enter for October!
  8. Heather at Beautiful British Columbia posted about a medicine bag she made for the Good Medicine project. Though I haven’t gotten any in the mail yet, I’m still hopeful that people will participate to send some good luck to kids with cancer. I’ve got some good folks helping me spread the word. I haven’t posted all the pictures of the 14 bags I’ve made, but I’ll get that done soon. Meanwhile, you can look at these if you want.
  9. www.flickr.com

10. Amy Palko at Less Ordinary always has cool stuff! She decided she like Etsy (you know Etsy, don’t you? Where folks sell hand-crafted items? Amy put together a “Tumblr” called Amy Loves Etsy. You must see it, and fall in love with Etsy, too. If you have an Etsy store, contact her…you might wind up in this Tumblr.
  11. November 4th is Election Day! One way or the other, I hope you will exercise your right to vote! Find out where the candidates stand on the issues at their websites:
    Barack Obama at http://www.barackobama.com
    John McCain at http://www.johnmccain.com
    Yes, I care which one you vote for, but I figure you are responsible enough to make your own decision
  12. If, like me, you occasionally have trouble trying to decide how to decorate your home, visit this link to see how a man decorated his basement with $10 worth of Sharpie and Magic Marker.
  13. November 6th is the date for another Blog Blast for Peace. Contact Mimi Lenox to get a Peace Globe and participate.

I don’t use Mr. Linky, but if you are participating in Thursday Thirteen (or not) you can leave your comment and your link will “magically” appear. Y’all have a lovely day!

11 comments for “Link Love Again

1. October 9, 2008 at 6:14 am

I’ve got a few good luck charms here ready to be mailed (hopefully tomorrow morning) – my kids kept claiming whatever I found as “treasures”.

Robins last blog post..Yom Kippur – The Day of Atonement

šŸ˜† Kids are like that….heck, I’m like that. No acorns in that batch, eh?

2. October 9, 2008 at 6:25 am

Thanks for the mention! The photo of the month contests are always so much fun.

Wow, you’ve got a lot of good links there. I’m off to explore them. Thanks!

Kaceys last blog post..Color My World

Especially check out the decoration with magic marker…who woulda thunk it.

3. October 9, 2008 at 6:37 am

Thanks so much for the linky love šŸ™‚

Any time, darlin’

4. October 9, 2008 at 8:20 am

Shelly, thanks for the linky love!

You’ve made 14 medicine bags already!!!!!!!!!! Wow – the one in the picture is sooooo cute šŸ™‚

Okay, I’m off to visit some of the links…

Have a great day.

Heather in Beautiful BCs last blog post..Jing

I’ll give you link love any time, darlin’. Yep. 14. I have ganglion cysts on my wrist to prove it šŸ˜†

5. October 9, 2008 at 9:04 am

I think that’s great about etsy. I don’t know that, but my daughter makes beautiful handcraft items. I might try that now. Thanks.

Chronicles of Mommys last blog post..Thursday Thirteen #26

Get her hooked up with Etsy.com I’m told it is a great way to sell handcrafts.

6. October 9, 2008 at 9:22 am

TOTALLY freakin’ cool TT, woman! šŸ˜€

LuAnns last blog post..Thursday Thirteen – Bluegrass #1

:lol:OMG, I just followed the link and read your post. :lol:You totally crack me up! šŸ˜† My side hurts. Quit it! šŸ˜†

7. October 9, 2008 at 9:59 am

I ♥ your peace globe! I’ll have to check out these links. Thanks for posting. Happy TT.

My TT ~ My CrAzY Wednesday (Morning)

CrAzY Working Moms last blog post..Thursday Thirteen – My Wednesday Morning

Thanks…I agonized trying to mesh two pictures together to make that globe! I appreciate you stopping by.

8. October 9, 2008 at 11:04 am

Thanks for the linky love, my friend!!! I’m going to check out the others on your list and finish my entry for Damien’s contest. So much to do, so little time!

Oh, and finally someone grabbed your hand in my Walk This Way campaign. I was beginning to worry people thought we didn’t wash out hands or something šŸ™‚

Jessica The Rock Chicks last blog post..Chaos and Disorder (Thursday Thirteen #40)

Was I supposed to wash my hands???:shock:

9. October 9, 2008 at 11:08 am

What a great list. I have to get back and enter the contest though, I meant to do that yesterday! I had never heard of them until the first time you posted and then I went and watched all the you-tubes I could find. Then I found out when they were coming here! And tried to buy tickets, with money I didn’t have! And it was already so full the only tickets left were expensive and awful high and way far too the side of the stage!

Enough exclamations? Anyway, I want to win. Badly. Love ya and miss ya, sweetie. Going to go visit Amy loves etsy now.

You’ll love Amy’s Tumblr! And, she has some beautiful links. Yep. WE paid $140 for a pair of tickets…and now I’m giving away four pair (courtesy of AEG). I’m gonna be so jealous of the winners that I will spit!

10. October 9, 2008 at 11:53 am

Very cool links…will check them out!

Are you using a pattern for the medicine bags? Email me and let me know…

YellowRoses last blog post..Thursday Thirteen #114 – Random Baby

No, every one is different. I’ve stitched a couple, knitted some, crocheted others. Single crochet makes the mesh tight so tiny charms won’t fall out. Knit on small needles achieves the same. They are at maximum 5 inches square. Most I’m making smaller than that. I gotta work on more “boyish” looking stuff. I could make the girlie stuff all day.

11. October 9, 2008 at 12:48 pm

So many places to visit. I’m off to my first one right now. Thanks for the tips.

patoiss last blog post..The Substitute