For my 49th Thursday Thirteen, I decided to tell you about some posts I’ve seen that I liked AND about some happenings around my place. I know you are busy trying to visit everyone, but if you follow the links you might enjoy them. Maybe you should bookmark the page for another day.
- FIRST, I have to tell you that YOU have a chance to win free tickets to see Celtic Thunder in concert. I was given the opportunity to award a pair of tickets to FOUR different people. It’s easy to enter (just go to the contest post and comment), and you can increase your chances to win by helping me spread the word. If you aren’t familiar with Celtic Thunder, I’ve got some YouTube videos (one on the contest post, and an amazing one on my original post about the group). Comments on this post don’t count as an entry … you have to go to the contest page.
- Christmas ornaments are already out, and Halloween isn’t even over yet! That brings out the witch in me. But, shopping helps! AARP magazine (yes, I am old, and it’s my “literature”) had some nifty ideas. It said, “This holiday season, treat yourself well by pampering others â€” with surprises that are good for their health, good for the planet … and good for your wallet.” Check them out at Feel Good Gifts on the AARP website. If you want, I’ll give you my wish list … I didn’t think so. Bah Humbug!
- My friend Jessica the Rock Chick gets on a roll sometimes. She has taken it upon herself to start a movement, called Walk This Way, to increase awareness of depression. Please check out what she has to say, and if it appeals to you, then support her cause. You can even put a picture of her cat boots on your blog!
- When I was a young, there was this obnoxious kid in the neighborhood. We called him “The Saint,” because everyone’s mom thought he was sooo perfect! Can you imagine having to be around a saint all the time? What if you were kin to a saint?? Bleeding Espresso and My Bellavita have interviews going on right now with a man named Justin Catanoso, who wrote a book about a cousin who is a saint! You can win a copy just by asking a question for Justin.
- Are you feeling like writing? I know of a couple of projects. Damien at Postcards From The Funny Farm has a Blog Carnival that will inspire people to be great by sharing stories about people who were great (even if it was only your Grandpa). He calls it “Amazing Visions.” The deadline for submissions is this Sunday at 2pm. Walt Disney is his logo for the contest.
- Stacey at Create A Balance has a Life Balance Group Writing Project in the works. If you’ve discovered how to achieve balance in life, go visit and participate. If you haven’t discovered balance…perhaps you should go read what folks have to say! I stole an image from you Stacey. You can slap me if you can reach me.
- Kacey at Wine on the Keyboard has a regular feature called “Photo of The Month.” Go visit the September photos. I didn’t check to see who won. You might want to enter for October!
- Heather at Beautiful British Columbia posted about a medicine bag she made for the Good Medicine project. Though I haven’t gotten any in the mail yet, I’m still hopeful that people will participate to send some good luck to kids with cancer. I’ve got some good folks helping me spread the word. I haven’t posted all the pictures of the 14 bags I’ve made, but I’ll get that done soon. Meanwhile, you can look at these if you want.
- Amy Palko at Less Ordinary always has cool stuff! She decided she like Etsy (you know Etsy, don’t you? Where folks sell hand-crafted items? Amy put together a “Tumblr” called Amy Loves Etsy. You must see it, and fall in love with Etsy, too. If you have an Etsy store, contact her…you might wind up in this Tumblr.
- November 4th is Election Day! One way or the other, I hope you will exercise your right to vote! Find out where the candidates stand on the issues at their websites:
Barack Obama at http://www.barackobama.com
John McCain at http://www.johnmccain.com
Yes, I care which one you vote for, but I figure you are responsible enough to make your own decision
- If, like me, you occasionally have trouble trying to decide how to decorate your home, visit this link to see how a man decorated his basement with $10 worth of Sharpie and Magic Marker.
- November 6th is the date for another Blog Blast for Peace. Contact Mimi Lenox to get a Peace Globe and participate.
I don’t use Mr. Linky, but if you are participating in Thursday Thirteen (or not) you can leave your comment and your link will “magically” appear. Y’all have a lovely day!