I’m Gainfully Employed this Week

I’m going to have to “phone it in” to the blog this week. Except that I don’t know how to do that. What I mean to say is that I’m not going to be at my computer much.

I have work in the real world (Yippee Skippee!) and it is all quite a long drive from my home. Two days I also perform in the evening, so I’ll be leaving the house at 5:30 a.m. and getting home after 9:30 p.m. I refuse to complain!

I have a few quick updates for today.

• Regular readers may remember the absolute Hell I have endured since I tried to give blood platelets. I was informed by the blood bank that I had Hepatitis C antibodies in my blood. I have never been so frightened in my life! Over the last several months, I have submitted to blood test after blood test. Thousands of dollars worth of labwork later (and yes a good chunk of it came out of my pocket instead of the insurance) I finally have the diagnosis: FALSE POSITIVE! It seems that because I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and a Thyroid disease, it screwed up the test. Though I feel I’ve lost years of my life due to the stress, I can finally breathe easier. Thank you to all of you who supported me as I worried!
  • Here is a comment from a mom whose child received an afghan from Share A Square last summer. She dropped by the post about The Good Medicine Project
  • Well you’re making this Cancer Mom cry again! Tyler(Cancer Fighter) & Ryder(the Awesome little brother) LOVED the afghans that they received at camp this summer. I cant wait to see the Good Medicine bags next year! I know they will be just as cherished by them as the afghans are. To all of you that contribute. Thank YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! Its the little things and thoughts that help get these kids thru. They FEEL the LOVE!
    Ann Marie
    Proud Mom

• Yes! I need your help! I can make all the bags if I have to do so, but it will mean so much more to the children to know that HUNDREDS of people cared. Click that link up there and see if you will be one of those folks.
  • I will be posting on my blog over at Posterous, and have had some pictures I took at a flea market in Houston, if anybody is interested. I promise I don’t talk as much over there. I like posting over there, because I can do it from my e-mail account (I can’t log into WordPress on a school’s computer!).

As The Seven Dwarves would say, “Hi Ho, Hi HO! It’s off to work we go!”

9 comments for “I’m Gainfully Employed this Week

1. November 10, 2008 at 6:31 am

False positive??? Thank goodness! And, I could strangle those people for the hell they put you through.

(((big huge giant hugs)))

As could I. It’s the hazard of giving blood at a blood bank, I guess. πŸ˜€

2. carol g
    November 10, 2008 at 10:01 am

Thank goodness it was a false positive!! Hi, Shelly… I am back from my more that fantastic cruise from L.A. to Miami through the Panama Canal. It was the cruise of a life time for hubby and me. Now that the laundry is done and I am recovering from a fall cold, I am getting back into making more medicine bags for you. Is there a specific time frame when you want these mailed?

Hi Carol, sorry for the delayed response. I worked, then I caught a cold myself. Glad you had such a marvelous trip! As for the medicine bags, the camp isn’t until summer, though I had hoped to get it pretty much in order by December. That’s not gonna happen, though. Oh well. Just mail them when you are ready. I appreciate you.

3. November 10, 2008 at 10:24 am

Oh good to hear! I’m sure that news must make everything a little bit cheerier.

Derek Wongs last blog post..Unsightly Hair

Yes, it does. Thank you, Derek.

4. November 10, 2008 at 11:43 am

Great on the work week, and remember doctors kill more people than anyone else. It’s an actual statistic. Have a great day. Big hug. πŸ™‚

πŸ˜† I believe you completely! Big hug back.

5. November 10, 2008 at 10:09 pm

Congrats on the work! Enjoy your audiences and safe travel my friend.

Thank you, Damien. I’ll try to enjoy.

6. November 11, 2008 at 5:08 pm

Well we did say to call when you found work. Congratulations both on the employment and the medical reprieve even if it does involve somewhat less dire illnesses. Arthritis is no fun, but you usually get to be elderly.

I’ll put up another shout out on my blog this week about the Good Medicine project.

I appreciate you, Jamie. You’ve sent Carol my way, and she is a hard worker! Yep, I want to get to be elderly, for sure. Because I’m going to be a feisty old lady and give everybody “Old Billy Heck.”

7. Sheila Atwood
    November 11, 2008 at 7:50 pm

πŸ˜€ Yeah! great news on your tests. I now have my six medicine bags. I am working on the charms. This is fun project.

It IS a fun project! Thank you for taking part in it…and thank you for the good wishes!

8. November 11, 2008 at 11:24 pm

Yes! Yes! Yes! Now, take that former stress and shove it out of your subconscious mind. Enjoy your trip and visualize all those little medicine bags and smiling faces.

I’m visualizing medicine bags and happy faces. As for stress, though, I seem to be one of those people who can’t live without it. πŸ˜†

9. November 16, 2008 at 4:24 pm

Shelly!!! What a blessing to stop by today and see that you’ve received GOOD news on your blood work finally. Hands lifted up in praise and thanksgiving.

muah!

barbaras last blog post..Who is?

Muah! and hugs right back. I was pretty delighted to finally get that news, too!