Saddest Coffee Table Book On Earth

I heard a comedian (I was nearly asleep and didn’t get her name) mention this book the other night, and I didn’t believe it existed. I looked it up this morning and there it was:

vegancooking

Vegan Cooking For One?? Yes, folks, y’all can buy this book to proudly display on your coffee table. Then the whole world will know how pathetic your life truly is: no meat, no eggs, no dairy — and no friends!

That’s the best I can give you this morning, because I have to tackle a “procrastination problem.” First, though, I have to dash to the coffeehouse and get my mocha. I’ll catch you on the flip flop.

10 comments for “Saddest Coffee Table Book On Earth

1. March 12, 2009 at 10:19 am

Geeze woman. I’m up to my eyeballs in bad teeth and painkillers, and this still makde me laugh!!

Jamies last blog post..Matinee Idol?

• March 12, 2009 at 10:24 am

I wholeheartedly apologize. Not really..but I AM sorry you are doing the toothache thang. I’m having sympathy pains. Get better quickly!

2. March 12, 2009 at 10:30 am

Yikes how sad(-: LOL My daughters friend is a Vegan. I always think that would be a boring life because you can’t eat anything good.(-: Even chocolate has to be a special kind…not for me.

cindees last blog post..What’s For Lunch?

3. Stephanie
    March 12, 2009 at 10:39 am

Based on the picture when I opened your blog, I was really wondering how you were going to make that the saddest book ever.

I definitely see your point, and it made me laugh quite a bit 🙂

• March 12, 2009 at 10:51 am

I wish I could remember the comedian’s name to credit her…rather, I wish I had thought of it first. 😆 But, I did think it was funny..and thought y’all might.

4. March 12, 2009 at 6:04 pm

I do hope you at least grabbed a piece of bacon this morning…can you imagine life without bacon, eggs or even butter???? Yep, vegan for one it would be!

Happy belated birthday and smart choice not to bring back a vase or glass thingy with your cats!

Jennymcbs last blog post..When Death interupts life as we know it

• March 12, 2009 at 7:12 pm

Thanks for the birthday wish. Vegan? Just shoot me first, thank you. 😆

5. March 14, 2009 at 10:57 am

Single tear.

Sarahs last blog post..Good Friday the 13th

Not much sympathy for lonely vegans? 😈

6. March 29, 2009 at 6:55 pm

I’ve actually been looking for a vegan cooking for one book–so many cookbooks serve 4-6-8. My husband travels a lot and I hate eating the same thing every day. 🙂 And there’s tons and tons and tons of great food to eat, even if you’re vegan. love your blog!!

Faiths last blog post..A Day in the Life

Yes, but Faith…does anything taste like bacon?? I hope this works for you. I know about cookbooks that offer gigantic serving sizes. Cooking for one isn’t any fun.