BACON Camp? In San Francisco!

bacon_camp_logo

Did anybody win the lottery last night? Does anybody want to sponsor me? I NEED FUNDING NOW! Somebody help me out here. Nobody told me there is a “Bacon Camp” in San Francisco! As if I needed another reason to want to go to San Francisco!

YES! And, it’s coming up this week, March 21st. The 1st annual Bacon Camp will be held from 1-5 pm at 500 3rd Street, Suite 510, San Francisco, CA. I cannot believe that I’m going to miss it (unless somebody gives me money for a ticket fast).

Oh, they are going to have such fun there! Vendors will be selling cool “bacon stuff.” People will be preparing dishes made with bacon! I’m a pig for bacon! I need it! Here is what the website says:

Not sure what to present? Short demonstrations on how to prepare your favorite bacon dish or tips on the basics – how to best prepare bacon (microwave versus campfire, etc.) or a comical what not to do when preparing bacon, how best to wrap crispy bacon around melted marshmallows (or do you wrap the bacon around the marshmallow and then put in the campfire?).

Creativity is encouraged! Can’t cook? That’s ok! Techniques, poems, interpretive dance, anything! What about an Ode to Bacon? or a Haiku?

Can’t write? That’s ok too! What about a short animation of Bacon’s delight at throwing a brunch for friends and being the center of attention? What about Bacon-inspired fabric designs – potholders or tablecloths?

You get what we mean – as long as your idea is bacon-licious we love it!

I’m salivating. I can’t stand the agony! They are even going to have t-shirts with that logo above on them!

If that wasn’t enough, they published this Bacon video — The Internet Bacon Meme in 60 seconds. I’ve watched it for an hour now, and the front of my shirt is soaked with drool! Just shoot me!

BaconCamp – The Internet Bacon Meme in 60 Seconds from Bac'n.com on Vimeo.

The sponsors definitely have a sense of humor I can admire: “All proceeds go to the American Heart Association. We hope that they find some cures for heart disease so we can continue the bacon indulgence.”

Are you going to the conference? I don’t figure that any of you are going to wire me any money, so I won’t go. But, would you get me a t-shirt?

6 comments for “BACON Camp? In San Francisco!

1. March 19, 2009 at 9:56 am

Sorry Shelly, I did play Powerball, but didn’t win, maybe you can get there on your good looks. I had bacon for breakfast and I say why the heck not. I’ve given up donuts and all wheat, but never bacon! Having a bacon camp in SF is a bit ironic, the vegans must be disgusted.

Sarahs last blog post..It’s All in the Hands

On my good looks, baby, I couldn’t get to Oklahoma (less than 30 miles away). I had bacon for supper, because I’ve been craving it all day. Yeah, bacon camp in The City does seem odd. My husband said that if it was a “conference,” they could call it the “Bay-Con.”

2. March 19, 2009 at 10:42 am

This is an emergency. It says right there on the Bacon Camp ad, that you can hold your own Bacon Camp. They need to put you in touch with other Texas Bacon chompers. If you sell enough piggy banks, Kevin posters, and porker t-shirts maybe you can go to Year Two in San Francisco.

Jamies last blog post..A Poet Who Doesn’t Slobber

Dang straight! I just had a bacon camp in my own kitchen. I don’t have a cool t-shirt, but I fried me up a skillet full of bacon & mmmmmm.

Maybe I should start a fund on my site. People could paypal donations of $1 to send me to camp. Nah… it would never work.

3. March 19, 2009 at 5:09 pm

Well now you know what to plan for a vacation next year.

So we had a discussion at dinner tonight and I thought of you….what does pigs in a blanket mean to you?

Jennymcbs last blog post..13 Memories of my Aunt

Definitely, I’m starting to save pennies for that…or maybe have a conference of my own as Jamie suggested. Pigs in a blanket? Tiny weenies wrapped in biscuit dough and baked. Is that what you thought it was, or do y’all call something else by that moniker?

4. annmarie
    March 19, 2009 at 9:44 pm

It’s a tragedy, Shelly, that you don’t get to go since it is your favorite thing. Yu need to eat bacon Sat. too – it’ll make you feel better. I hope some blog reader sees your post & gets you a t-shirt!

🙁 It IS a tragedy. Maybe if I write to those folks in SF they will save a t-shirt for me. I’ll survive, but I’m going to fry bacon Sat. in homage!

5. March 20, 2009 at 4:23 am

Dang, Shelly, I played the powerball thing Wednesday and only had one freaking number but had I won and then seen this post, you know I’d have wired you the coins to go to the Bacon Camp. Actually, I’d have stopped by to pick you up in the big old RV I’d have bought right off the bat, had I won! Bacon recipes? Mine would just be frying up as much bacon as I could possibly manage to stuff down my gullet as I -like you -love, love, love bacon!
    And “pigs in the blanket” around my house, around this area in general is also known as “halupki” or stuffed cabbage rolls! (And I dearly love them too!) Although, sometimes a restaurant will offer “pigs in a blanket” and it is little weiners or sausages with a pancake wrapped around it. But for the most part, it’s the stuffed cabbage rolls.

Jeni Hill Ertmers last blog post..Coming To An End

You got one more number than I did, Jeni :lol:. I’m not sure I’ve eaten cabbage rolls. THAT makes me hungry, too!

6. March 20, 2009 at 4:48 am

That video is freaking hysterical. Love it.

I think I need to go fry up some bacon now.

Robins last blog post..Caution: Excavations in Progress

Enjoy your bacon. I’ve eaten bacon now six times since I discovered this. So much for lowering my cholesterol. I just shot four months of trying. 😆