It’s Your Choice. Only The Good Friday.

For Only The Good Friday, I’m working on some “affirmations.” It didn’t start out as a good, day–so I’m having to work at reminding myself. That’s the point of this “optimism virus” that I’m trying to spread on the internet. Staying positive and being optimistic is not a natural trait for all of us. We have to practice “seeing” the good, so that it becomes a habit.

This video is high on my list today. I’m going to watch it several times, until I realize that what I make of my life is my choice!

RULES FOR BEING HUMAN

You will receive a body.
You may like it or hate it, but it will be yours for the entire period this time around.
You will learn lessons.
You are enrolled in a full time, informal school called life.
Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons.
You may like the lessons or think them irrelevant and stupid.
There are no mistakes, only lessons.
Growth is a process of trial and error, experimentation.
The “failed” experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiment that ultimately “works.”
A lesson is repeated until it is learned.
A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it, then you can go on to the next lesson.
Learning lessons does not end.
There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons.
If you are alive there are lessons to be learned.
“There” is no better than “here.”
When your “there” has become a “here”…you will simply obtain another “there” that will, again, look better than “here.”
Others are simply mirrors of you.
You cannot love or hate something about another person…unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.
What you make of your life is up to you.
You have all the tools and resources you need…what you do with them is up to you.
The choice is yours.
The answers lie inside you.
All you need to do is look, listen, and trust.
You will forget all of this at birth.

I hope your Friday is a good one (take a little tip from me: don’t start your morning trying to upgrade to WordPress 2.8!!!).

Leave me a comment or write a post and tell me that you did, so I can add you to these other fine folks who participate in Only The Good Friday.

RV Poetry; Candid Karina; All My Great, or Not So Great Adventures; Inside Mo’s Mind; Thorne’s World; Down River Drivel; Duward Discussion; Ramblings of an Unstable Mind; Insightful Nana; Newbie Lifeline; Everyday Tarot; West of Mars; Life’s Journey; Round Circle; Barbara’s Travels; Blog of Revelation; Desert Diva;

14 comments for “It’s Your Choice. Only The Good Friday.

1. June 12, 2009 at 9:32 am

Thanks for the reminder… that we are all human. Sometimes, I get impatient with myself and others for being… yes…”human.” The video is great. A nice way to start this “Good” Friday.
    [rq=5909,0,blog][/rq]Art Linkletter’s Kids – “Only The Good” Friday

• June 12, 2009 at 10:40 am

I know exactly what you mean! And, this video, for me, is a good reminder! I need to keep it handy. Even though I know the concepts, I forget them every dadgum day.

2. June 12, 2009 at 9:55 am

I loved the video too.

You hit the bottom line, It’s Your Choice. Sometimes it is a hard one to swallow.

thanks Shelly

Sheila
    [rq=5982,0,blog][/rq]What isHappiness?- Only The Good Friday

• June 12, 2009 at 10:42 am

Loved all your quotes today! A good pairing to this post (great minds and all that jazz). Have a great weekend.

3. June 12, 2009 at 10:22 am

A great video and an excellent message. I went the video route simply by posting one that everyone should remember anytime they are near a small child.
    [rq=6077,0,blog][/rq]First Five Years

• June 12, 2009 at 10:46 am

The video is easy, and that’s “good.” 😆 I love the video you posted.

4. June 12, 2009 at 11:39 am

Thank you for the uplifting post Shelly. I absolutely loved the video.

“Others are simply mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.”

Those are the most powerful words!

Today I am spreading “Only the Good Friday” because it symbols Hope in the world and we need more of it. My good news today is that my son graduates from Kindergarten today. Check out my post if you like.

Wishing you a scent-sational Friday!
    Patty Reiser
    [rq=6307,0,blog][/rq]The Beauty of Friendship

• June 12, 2009 at 11:51 am

And, to you, my friend. Congratulations on your Kinder-graduate.

5. June 12, 2009 at 12:25 pm

I love the rules! My favorite is “There” is no better than “here”. So many times we all think the grass is greener and it often isn’t. We all need to spend more time and energy making our “here” the place we all want to be!! Did you have problems with your WordPress upgrade? I did it yesterday. It seemed simple enough until I couldn’t move my widgets. I had to do a fix for that and now my fonts keep getting messed up when I’m making posts. I’m sure I’ll figure it all out! 😉
    .-= Jessica The Rock Chick´s last blog ..Let It Whip =-.

• June 12, 2009 at 12:29 pm

I love the rules, too 😉 Now, if I can remember them.
      WP upgrade? Heck yes, I had problems. Turned out to be a plug-in (it’s always a plug-in, I’ve found). Seems Google Analytics plug-in had to be ditched. It was hairy for awhile, but my tech support at Liquid Web is wonderful. I need to bake some cookies and send ’em some. Snickerdoodles, of course …because the name is insane.

6. Mo
    June 12, 2009 at 1:09 pm

Seems many of us are of the same mind, this Friday. Sometimes it’s the “easy-stuff” that’s so hard to assimilate into our daily routine…

Enjoy the rest of your day, my friend, and may your weekend be FILLED with “Only the Good”.
    .-= Mo´s last blog ..Good Advice =-.

7. June 12, 2009 at 5:48 pm

Yup. It’s all good, grrrlfriend! LOVE that vid!
    Peace!
    .-= Thorne´s last blog ..You Peeps are MY Good =-.

8. June 12, 2009 at 11:39 pm

Wow, what a great post and so very true. Thanks for sharing – I’m going to look back at this when I’m having “one of those days.”
    .-= Desert Divalo´s last blog ..Only the Good Friday… =-.

9. June 13, 2009 at 12:58 am

What a great “Only the Good” post this was, Shelley. I’m late doing mine -again -so mine may have to be a “Only the Good on Friday but posted on Saturday” deal!
    .-= Jeni Hill Ertmer´s last blog ..Take a Hike! =-.