Playing Footsie

I always look down when I’m walking, and I can’t tell you why. It’s just a habit from years of collecting rocks and seashells. If I didn’t have that habit, I wouldn’t have seen this sight.

Dancin' Boots

Dancin' Boots

Although it’s summer in Texas, and doggone hot, some girls have to wear their boots. I wish I could show you the full version of the gals who were wearing these. They were a couple of cute teenagers in sun dresses — and dancin’ boots. I want those boots! And, I want the legs to go with them!

Recently, my friend Jessica The Rock Chick admitted: “I will no longer wear shorts to spare the world from seeing what I consider to be not that attractive any longer thighs.” I feel her pain.

Here in Texas, we spare the world from seeing that cellulite by wearing “air conditioned jeans.”

Air Conditioned Jeans 1st version

Air Conditioned Jeans 1st version

Air Conditioned Jeans 2nd Version

Air Conditioned Jeans 2nd Version

We figure if you put enough lace and rhinestones on the jeans, that no one will notice anything but those. Let us go on fooling ourselves, OK?

I’ve entered these photos in Robin’s Summer Stock Sunday. Go check out the pictures that are posted this week!

15 comments for “Playing Footsie

1. June 28, 2009 at 2:50 am

I can’t imagine cowboy boots in the heat of summer (or jeans for that matter), but if I were going to wear jeans then that first pair would be a fun choice – that a/c looks pretty cooling to me :).
    .-= Robin´s last blog ..Summer Stock Sunday #5 – Park Nachshonit =-.

• June 28, 2009 at 7:36 am

Frankly, I don’t understand the boots at any time. But, air conditioned jeans are good. Usually, it’s shorts, a tank top, and barefooted for me.

2. June 28, 2009 at 7:10 am

I just wear the shorts, although my leather cycle riding pants have zippers on the legs, hmmmmmm, maybe an idea there! LOL

peace
    .-= Spadoman´s last blog ..Moving By the Numbers =-.

• June 28, 2009 at 7:30 am

Oh, Spadoman. Guys don’t have to worry about their cellulite! Is Mrs. Spadoman going to have to break out the rhinestones, now? 😆

3. June 28, 2009 at 7:38 am

We don’t wear cowboy boots up here in New England. I always wonder why they don’t get hot.
    .-= hip chick´s last blog ..Summer stock Sunday =-.

4. June 28, 2009 at 8:05 am

I wonder if I can air condition a muu-muu 😉

love the lacy jeans

never been much for boots but those 2 are fabulous
    .-= Dianne´s last blog ..Yo! NJ, You’re Not In Kansas Anymore =-.

5. June 28, 2009 at 9:18 am

I like the brown boots -if I visit Texas – I’ll get myself a pair – although they are probably very expensive? I like your sense of fashion – the jeans left me craving them – Me like sparkles and my husband doesn’t mind my cellulite – so I don’t care – I would show some flesh trough the sparkles !
    .-= Ellie´s last blog ..Summer Stock Sunday =-.

6. June 28, 2009 at 11:54 am

Loved looking at the boots and air conditioned jeans if only because neither is something that will ever be seen on my body. First because a really high arch and boots are the immovable object meets an irresistable force and pants that would attract attention to my hips would be a crime against humanity.

Still those young things look as if they are ready to have a high old time as does the lady in the bright red polish.

7. June 28, 2009 at 12:05 pm

Oh grrrlllfriend, those boots! I remember… *sigh. Boots and short dresses and dancin’ my a$$ off. I bet I could make a skirt out of jeans like those… hehe. Hope you’re having a great Sunday! Mwaaah!
    .-= Thorne´s last blog ..Good Friends, Good Days and Good Work =-.

8. June 28, 2009 at 5:27 pm

I don’t wear cowboy boots, but I would LOVE those air conditioned jeans!! Those are funky and would look great while out rock chicking!!! Where do I get those? 😉
    .-= Jessica The Rock Chick´s last blog ..In This Garden Of Mine (Summer Stock Sunday) =-.

• June 29, 2009 at 7:05 am

You’ll have to come to Texas, now! Yep, you’d look great in air conditioned jeans.

9. June 29, 2009 at 12:35 pm

I could do with some of those jeans..lol

I wouldn’t want to wear those boots though in summer. :-/

Thanks for visiting my blog.

10. June 29, 2009 at 1:12 pm

What a great idea, airconditioned jeans! They sure look sexy to me! I could do with a pair of those at the moment, it’s very very hot in Belgium. It’s great when you just get back from a sunny and warm holliday!
    .-= Jientje´s last blog ..I’m baaaaack!!! =-.

• June 29, 2009 at 1:31 pm

Jientje, a “warm” holiday is the last thing I want right now :lol:! We are having 100 degree days, and I can’t take off enough clothes to cool off (at least I can’t with people looking).

11. bim
    July 6, 2009 at 5:13 am

Even if my legs where perfect, nothing could make me wear those boots in summer and get a heat stroke. The air conditioned jeans, however – quite a different matter 🙂
    .-= bim´s last blog ..unknown flower… =-.