Changes In Only The Good

I tried to infect people with a virus. Yes I did. I wanted folks on the internet to succumb to an optimism virus. Since last fall, I have been posting each Friday about “good” stuff. Sometimes, I talked about really inspiring things. Other times, I was just plain silly, or talked about my day. It didn’t matter, as long as I made myself look at the “bright side” of things.

I’m a firm believer that if you practice “seeing” the good it will change your attitude. That’s why I refuse to be snarky on Fridays. It’s my day to practice.

Now, there are a few people who joined me (you can see the list at the bottom of the page). That’s good! But, some folks can’t participate on Friday. In fact, there are some Fridays that I can’t even participate. There are sooooo many memes! If you are a blogger, it’s hard to choose which ones to do! And, I don’t put a “Mr. Linky” on my site, which I think a lot of folks expect to see on a meme.

I think that Only The Good Friday has indeed been a “good thing.” I plan to continue with it — but I’m not going to try to call it a “meme” anymore — and it won’t always be on Friday. I’ll just post it as “Only The Good,” again. If you want to write a post about the good in your world, post it any day of the week, and let me know. I’ll add you to the list.

I do have some good today, but it’s just little stuff about my world:

• Although my back still aches tremendously, and I’m slowing down a lot, I’m still able to keep going. As long as I can keep putting one foot in front of the other, that’s good.
  • Today, I have two storytelling gigs at public libraries in Wise County (work is always good!).
  • If I can still move at the end of the day, I am going to a balloon festival in Highland Village, Texas. I hope to catch pictures of the “Balloon Glow,” and I always love taking picture of happenings in the Lone Star State.

That’s my “good” for today. Have you got some good you want to share?

Here are some other folks who have joined in periodically:
RV Poetry; Candid Karina; All My Great, or Not So Great Adventures; Inside Mo’s Mind; Thorne’s World; Down River Drivel; Duward Discussion; Ramblings of an Unstable Mind; Insightful Nana; Newbie Lifeline; Everyday Tarot; West of Mars; Life’s Journey; Round Circle; Barbara’s Travels; Blog of Revelation; Desert Diva; Blogjem

14 comments for “Changes In Only The Good

1. August 14, 2009 at 10:08 am

You had me worried for a minute, I thought you were giving up on good, and deciding to be snarky all the time. 😉

Seriously though, change is “good”, so I’m sure this will work just as well.

I’m making some changes too, and it starts with a “goal”…here’s my good today: http://bit.ly/10cwRQ
    .-= Karina´s last blog ..Only The Good Friday – Goals =-.

• September 2, 2009 at 2:04 pm

I’m not giving up on the good…just not going to try to force people to spread it 😀

2. August 14, 2009 at 10:09 am

I plan to continue to spread the good. It has been fun. I like seeing how each person that participates takes the idea spreads the “Good”

Glad you are still going. Have a Good Friday.

Sheila
    .-= Sheila´s last blog ..Success Step by Step – Only the Good Friday =-.

• September 2, 2009 at 2:04 pm

I know that you will keep on spreading it. You always have such a good take on the world.

3. August 14, 2009 at 11:24 am

Spreading the good is a great idea and I hope you make it too the balloon festival. I have a few minutes sitting up and then it is back to compression and elevation. Settled for handing out some GOOD advice today. Love your memes even when I can’t do them, but then I just WUV you. Have a great weekend.
    .-= Jamie´s last blog ..Go Get A POLST =-.

4. August 14, 2009 at 12:55 pm

I signed up for this early on and have tried to participate as much as possible but some weeks go by so quickly that I seem to forget what day of the week it is and overlook the Friday thing till maybe Sunday or even later. This week, I did get a post up early this a.m. but I forgot to link it back directly to you although I do have your blog highlighted and thus linked back to the instructions for “Only the Good.” I’ve often cheated about my “Only the Good” posts too when I forget about it on Friday and do a post on another day but I always try to show that this is what the post is for. Anyway, I do think any day that we can see something good or the potential for that in things that might be construed as being otherwise is a darned good thing -and makes it then an “Only the Good” day!
    Peace!
    .-= Jeni Hill Ertmer´s last blog ..The Wonder of it All =-.

• September 2, 2009 at 2:08 pm

You’ve been very regular in your posting, Jeni. And, I know you will continue to do so. I will be posting too, and it will probably be on Friday. I hope to do it every week, but the fall might get crazy when I start working.

5. August 14, 2009 at 1:48 pm

I’m bummed to lose the dedicated day to report in. But… you’re the boss. Which is good. VERY good. I’m tired of trying to lead all the time.
    .-= Susan Helene Gottfried´s last blog ..Only the Good Friday: Meet Martha =-.

• September 2, 2009 at 2:07 pm

You can still report on the designated day. I’m NOT the boss!

6. August 14, 2009 at 3:40 pm

You are an inspiration for sure. I started posting on Friday with an On;y the Good Friday post. While I was out of town, I didn’t, of course, but when I’m around, I will. If it’s Friday, it’s Friday. If it’s another day of the week, so be it. I like the idea of asking myself to do this as it sort of forces me to think good thoughts and loom for the best in my own world. Hopefully, that spreads out to others.
    Anyway, I will indeed try to continue on some level. I have three ideas in my head for interesting stories for “My Neck of the Woods” as well. One of these days, I’ll get to them. The main thing is to get some pictures of the places, (and things), I’ll be writing about. All in good time.

Hope the back gets better soon. Glad you like the work you’re doing with the storytelling. The hot air balloon thing sounds like fun. Have a great weekend and Peace to all.
    .-= Spadoman´s last blog ..Only the Good Friday 08/14/2009 =-.

7. August 14, 2009 at 9:47 pm

I enjoy your righting. Blogging helps me stay positive – and your pictures and the stories and the thoughts on your blog are really in sync with my “mental health” – I like your virus 🙂
    .-= Ellie´s last blog ..Garden in Livorno =-.