heart

A Fan of Black And White

by Shelly Kneupper Tucker on September 21, 2009©

Indeed, I do like black and white photographs, which is why I got interested in the Monochrome Weekly Theme. You should see some of the awesome pictures that other bloggers are posting. I am so jealous I could spit!

As we walked around a huge college campus this weekend to get to that balloon festival I told y’all about, I saw this huge fan beside a building. I had to try to snap it’s photo. I just liked the textures. It looked like a humongous flower.

The Fan

The Fan

Last week, I had posted a picture of an artsy looking bench in Mendocino, and Kilauea Poetry commented that she would like to see it in more detail. I posted it at my Posterous account, so that she could.

I also posted more photos of the Plano Balloon Festival, if anyone wants to take a peek.

Y’all have a delightful day.

Hot Air

Hot Air

{ 18 comments }

Aileni September 21, 2009 at 7:11 am

That is a good ‘un.
.-= Aileni´s last blog ..I don’t do Macro but… =-.

Shelly Kneupper Tucker September 21, 2009 at 9:09 am

Thanks, Aileni. I’m honored you would say so.

storyteller at Sacred Ruminations September 21, 2009 at 7:46 am

Good Morning
It’s nice to encounter your blog. Thanks for dropping by Sacred Ruminations and leaving a comment with your link. I’m just learning about ‘monochrome’ photos by visiting participants in this weekly meme … playing occasionally as I did this weekend. You ‘fan’ is a wonderful blend of textures and does resemble a flower. I love benches and photograph them frequently myself. I’ve never been to a balloon festival but my RV friends do this thing annually. Have a lovely day.
Hugs and blessings,
.-= storyteller at Sacred Ruminations´s last blog ..Whirled Peace – We Can Each Make a Difference =-.

John September 21, 2009 at 9:03 am

Someone has spent alot more time ob fan blade design on this one than usual. Wonder what it was for?
.-= John´s last blog ..1964 =-.

Shelly Kneupper Tucker September 21, 2009 at 9:11 am

I think it was the exhaust for air conditioning, but “don’t get me to lying” (as Papaw would say)

Clueless in Boston September 21, 2009 at 9:07 am

Great eye for capturing the fan; it does look like a flower. I just viewed that bench and it is amazing. A real beauty. Have a great week.
.-= Clueless in Boston´s last blog ..Monochrome Monday =-.

Shelly Kneupper Tucker September 21, 2009 at 9:12 am

The bench is on of my favorites. Unfortunately, I didn’t take tons of shots of it. Guess I’ll have to go back to Mendocino. Oh darn!

Daryl September 21, 2009 at 9:18 am

well spotted, nice shot
.-= Daryl´s last blog ..monochrome monday =-.

RuneE September 21, 2009 at 11:23 am

You’ll get a whole lot of new “fans” after this one :-)

Maybe the action of the first can supply the second with energy?
.-= RuneE´s last blog ..Anyone home? =-.

Regina September 21, 2009 at 11:30 am

How cool!
.-= Regina´s last blog ..Monochrome. Water Lily =-.

Ellie September 21, 2009 at 12:06 pm

Reminds me of an old Vodoo movie with Nicholas Cage – they had those fans every few minutes :) I would like to take a ride on a balloon!
.-= Ellie´s last blog ..Bridge =-.

Della September 21, 2009 at 12:07 pm

Yes, just like a flower. Nice catch!

Robin from Israel September 21, 2009 at 12:46 pm

I really like this Shelly – great texture and lines, and an excellent mono subject.
.-= Robin from Israel´s last blog ..Topsham Fair Antique Tractor Pull =-.

Carver September 21, 2009 at 12:47 pm

I like the textures on that too. Interesting shot.
.-= Carver´s last blog ..That’s My World Tuesday: Lake Johnson Park =-.

Frank September 21, 2009 at 2:43 pm

The fan is not an easy subject in color or black/white and I think you really nailed it perfectly. Wondeful range of black, white and grays.

Nice post!!

Thank you for visiting and leaving me a comment at Tampa DP. Visit again soon.
.-= Frank´s last blog ..MONOCHROME: Do Not Cross! Nature battles an impenetrable =-.

Jamie September 21, 2009 at 4:08 pm

Did somebody have the sense to paint “Politician” on the side of one of the Hot Air balloons? I mean if you need an inexhaustible source of hot air …
.-= Jamie´s last blog ..Take This Tune – September Morn =-.

Calico Crazy September 21, 2009 at 6:12 pm

The fan really does resemble a flower. The quality of light in your balloon photo is just fabulous.
.-= Calico Crazy´s last blog ..Monochrome Monday #6 =-.

Bella September 23, 2009 at 7:31 am

It’s all about capturing the beauty in every day things…and you’ve really succeeded here! Lovely pic!
Thank you for the nice comment you left for my Tower photo…:)

Comments on this entry are closed.

{ 1 trackback }