heart

Haunted by Ghost Radar

by Shelly Kneupper Tucker on October 1, 2009©

I’ve had my iPhone for a year, and resisted all temptation to download any “apps” that were not free. I know myself well, and I could get addicted to the little games that Apple offers for that phone of mine. But, I caved.
GhostRadarYesterday, at the suggestion of my friend Thorne, I shelled out 99¢ for one called “Ghost Radar.” Yes, I know it’s silly, but I’ve already gotten 99¢ worth of enjoyment out of it.

You can visit the link above to get the full scoop on it, but here is a little bit of their blurb about it:

Ghost Radar employs a proprietary algorithm to analyze the quantum flux … Readings for various sensors on iPhone/iPod are analyzed to detect QUANTUM Fluctuations. Interpretations of the sensor readings are displayed graphically as blips on the radar along with numeric and textual readouts. Use your Ghost Radar to hunt for odd changes in the flux. Hunters of all types may find anomalous areas of their environment where readings simply can’t be explained. You be the judge. Are the results of your hunting evidence of paranormal activity?

Did y’all just read that and think, “Do what?” So did I. I couldn’t understand a single word they were saying, so I asked my husband (who is fluent in “Technical”) to translate it into a language I can understand. He’s from California, so he doesn’t speak “Texan.” I asked him to translate it into “Blond,” because for some reason we can both speak that lingo, although we do have problems with pronunciation sometimes. As with any foreign language, I can understand much more Blond than I can speak.

He said that what they mean is:

The app has, like, this thingie that sees ghosts and, like, other scary stuff. It sees dead people! And, it, like, let’s them TALK to you!

Cool!

Now, I know y’all think I’m crazy anyway, but I have good reasons to download this application:

1. For blog fodder. I got an e-mail saying that NaBloPoMo is using the theme “haunted” this month. If you are not a blogger, NaBloPoMo is a community of bloggers who decide to post every stinkin’ day in a month. I’m not going to do that, because I’m a bit frazzled right now, but I like the theme. If you are a blogger and want to join in, go to the NaBloPoMo site to sign up.
  2. To mess with my friend’s head. I’m going to stay in a haunted hotel with my friend Judy at the end of the month, and we are going on a ghost hunting tour of San Antonio. I intend to milk this application for all it’s worth! Don’t y’all tell Judy, OK?
  3. To increase my “cool factor.” I’m going to be telling ghost stories to middle school students later this month, and when they crowd around to talk to me, I intend to whip out my iPhone and show them that little old ladies can be wild and crazy, too.
  4. I’m weird. That is the only reason that really counts.

I downloaded the application and discovered that it has a radar screen, and occasionally there are colored “blips” that show on the screen. Supposedly, these are the energies, or “entities.” The colors range from blue (not very strong) to green (a little stronger) to yellow (stronger still) to red (throw down your phone and run!).

Around the screen, there are numbers that keep changing all the time. I’m not sure what those numbers mean. But, at the bottom of the screen there are sometimes letters scrolling across. I think this is supposed to be the entity trying to communicate with words. Now and then, a mechanical voice says a word out loud and makes me jump our of my chair! According to the website, “Ghost Radar attempts to translate the quantum flux readings into an ENGLISH spoken word.”

I sat in my living room giggling over this application, as blips of every color swarmed on the screen. Now and then, my phone spoke random words, but they didn’t make any sense. “Wooden.” “Maybe.” “Tim.” “As.” “Sail.” “Build.” Does that make sense to you? It didn’t to me. I walked over to a curio cabinet filled with family heirlooms, and that voice on my phone said, “Child.” I was pointing it at some antique toys from the 1800s!

ooooEEEEEooooo!

The Ghost Radar website suggested trying to talk to the entity, so I said, “OK, ghost. IF you are there, say ‘cat.’ You could do that …IF you are there. If you say ‘cat’ I will believe you are there.” It didn’t. It said all kinds of other random words. I got bored and turned the phone off. I needed to plug it in to charge the battery (Ghost Radar does seem to suck that battery dry).

When my husband came home, I turned it on to show him. I told him, “It never would say ‘cat,’ and I think it’s a bunch of bull.” Just then, my large yellow tomcat cried for his supper … and my phone called out, “Cat.”

Yikes!

I played with that application through the evening, until my husband’s eyes glazed over, and then turned it off. I was still laughing about it … then. Later that night, alone in my office, I decided to try Ghost Radar again. I was sitting in the darkness, with only the light from the computer screen and my iPhone.

I glanced down at the phone, and there were dozens of RED lights on the screen. Then that mechanical voice said:

“Possibly.” “Eight.” “Different.”

Holy Cow! I turned off that phone and paced the office, trying to reason with myself: “It’s a toy, Shelly. Nothing more! It means nothing!

To prove to myself that I am not a chicken, I turned the phone back on and pulled up the Ghost Radar. Again I saw all those blinking red lights. I looked at the letters that ran across the bottom of the screen and saw:

“KKKkkkkk…KKnnnn…KKnuuuu…Kkkknnue…”

Have y’all ever looked at my by-line at the top of the post? My last name was once K.N.E.U.P.P.E.R!

“Oh, Fudge!” I squealed. “I’ve got a ghost who knows my name, but can’t spell it!”
[OK, that's not exactly what I said ... I'm "fudging" about that ... but you get the drift.]

The hairs stood up on my neck, as my phone said:

“Means.” “Possibly.” “Test.” “Machinery.”

“I.” “Don’t.” “Freakin’.” “Think.” “So.” I haven’t turned on that application since then. Oh, sure I intend to use it when I go to San Antonio, because I simply have to show how cool I am. But, I’m never turning it on when I’m alone again … and after I have proved my coolness, I might even take it off of the phone.

I’m haunted by that Ghost Radar. I know it’s on the phone and I know it’s just a silly game …

… or IS it?

Do you have Ghost Radar? What do you think?

{ 63 comments }

Laura October 1, 2009 at 12:50 pm

Thanks for the link. I use a plugin called Asides for my miniblog in the sidebar. I love the idea, like adding an extra note. Have you seen Tumblr? It’s fun for the same kind of idea too. I stick a lot of links, quotes and odds and ends in there so I can find them later.

You’re going to have your Ghost Radar in time for Halloween. That could be really creepy.
.-= Laura´s last blog ..What I Learned from my Goldfish Today =-.

Shelly Kneupper Tucker October 1, 2009 at 1:44 pm

I’m going to have to try that plug in! You had given me a link the other day, and I appreciate it…just wasn’t polite enough to stop working :twisted:. I have a Tumblr, but never use it. Instead I use Posterous. Have you seen it? Free … and the best part is that I can e-mail a post from my iPhone! Too cool.

Jamie October 1, 2009 at 4:26 pm

Gee you will never have to watch “Ghost Hunters” again. You can find them all by yourself. I won’t tell Judy.
.-= Jamie´s last blog ..Happy Birthday Bapu – October 2 =-.

Shelly Kneupper Tucker October 3, 2009 at 9:55 am

Thanks for not telling Judy :wink:. She might figure it out … and I might spill the beans. I’ll still watch ghost hunters…you have to find a more haunted place than my office to have an interesting story.

Jamie October 1, 2009 at 9:24 pm

I’ve told her about you. Now you have to go meet Fairweather. Ghosties abound for the next 31 days

.-= Jamie´s last blog ..Happy Birthday Bapu – October 2 =-.

Shelly Kneupper Tucker October 3, 2009 at 9:56 am

You’ve told me about her before, and she is a wonderful storyteller. I may have to link her on “Oh Wait” here in a little while. First…coffee.

Spadoman October 3, 2009 at 4:38 am

Very soon, here at Spadoville, we will announce our annual Los Dios de Los Muertos celebration. You might know it is a time when the spirits of our departed loved ones come to visit us, it is on November 1st and 2nd every year. I honestly believe these spirits find their way to our place, and I don’t need a ghost finding bleeper. There is a peace that falls over us on November first, and on that day, as we celebrate with friends, food and great conversation and memories, for all we know, (and believe), our loved ones are right in the next room.
Look for the abbouncement and invitation on my blog in a post sometime mid October. Your all invited. (y’all er invited)

Peace.
.-= Spadoman´s last blog ..Only the Good Friday, October 2, 2009 =-.

Shelly Kneupper Tucker October 3, 2009 at 9:52 am

Oooh! Sounds like a wonderful celebration (I don’t really need a ghost finder, either!). Oh, sweet friend, your attempt at Texan made me giggle. You could have said something like, “Y’all and all y’allses friends have an invite.” That would have been “proper Texan.” :lol:

susiej October 3, 2009 at 9:30 am

OK… I’m sold. I definitely need to get an app. I always thought there was something… !

Shelly Kneupper Tucker October 3, 2009 at 9:49 am

Bwahaha! With your 4 boys, this app is the perfect Halloween “toy.” Your kids will be the coolest on the block (as if they weren’t already!) Since that first app, Susie, there are tons more I’ve downloaded. Save me from myself! If you haven’t started downloading apps…don’t start :twisted:!

Thorne October 4, 2009 at 4:57 am

Hahahaha! Oh, Shelly! How did I miss this post? My ghosties must have been keeping me busy. You’ve got me so fired up about the app that now Imma have to get it! But maybe not tonight… (the GirlyBoi is still out of town! *shivvvvver)
.-= Thorne´s last blog ..Spiders and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails =-.

Michelle November 2, 2009 at 12:54 pm

I have had strange readings, too! I just purchased a few days ago. My husband is a non-believer, so I got it out to show him and it said “Engineer. Sitting” (we were on the couch, he’s an structural engineer). Then I was skyping with my sister and positioned the iphone near the web cam so she could see and it said “Camera. Construction. France.” (she’s an architect and we went to France together 2 years ago. FREAKY! I love it!

Shelly Kneupper Tucker November 2, 2009 at 1:13 pm

That IS spooky. I have another post about Ghost Radar and a post about a trip at the Menger where we used it. EEK! You might want to read them to see what you think… I believe in it!

Darren W November 2, 2009 at 1:22 pm

I’m so glad to have found another user of the Ghost Radar app, besides myself. Your experiences seem just as creepy as mine. I haven’t had one as spooky as the “ghost boy” in the school cafeteria. But, working in a motel in Salt Lake City that I’m convinced is haunted, this app has provided hours of fun (and very little accomplished work haha). I’ll have to say, though, I had this app running after I saw “Paranormal Activity” the other night and was already spooked, and as I was leaving the gas station the creepy voice on the Ghost Radar said “Change. Quickly. Captain.” Then over the next couple days I’ve come to realize that at some point I’m going to be stabbed or shot, or both, thanks to this “quantum fluctuation translator thingy” lol. And of course the ghost arm that reached up at me the other day while sitting at my desk doesn’t help ease my discomfort any. I hope you’ll post more stories about your Ghost Radar in the future. I love reading them. They make me feel just a bit less weird. But just a bit.

Shelly Kneupper Tucker November 2, 2009 at 1:54 pm

I’m delighted if my weirdness makes you feel less so, Darren :lol:. I haven’t seen the movie “Paranormal Activity” yet, but it’s on my “to do” list. I’ll probably post more about Ghost Radar at another time (I post about many different things, though). If you get weird reading that are “story worthy,” let me know. I’ll collect what people tell me and put it in a post.
I can’t believe you put Ghost Radar on when you are alone! I have to have company when I use it now :twisted:.

sherri November 3, 2009 at 1:52 pm

We bought the ghost radar on halloween. We were watching a scary movie and it showed a dolls head and the thing went off and said doll. Then later it was showing a mans face and it said man. It is freaky!!

Melissa Psencik November 15, 2009 at 10:55 pm

I downloaded the application after my son came home from school telling me “The Menger” story. We found this application to be kind of scary the fist time we used it, it showed our street name, a word related to my husbands occupation, had words that described what the land that our subdivison is now on could have been related to farming, but the thing that freaked us out is when we went into one of the bathrooms red circles appeared and it spelled out 2 words, raw and blood — that had us running out screaming!!! Since that time I have played with it by myself at a restuarant which blue, yellow, green and red all appeared and had several words but the 2 that stood out to me where parents and what looked to me a persons last name and again certain words related to again probably what the land was used for before the restuarant was there. I also have used it at the house and it shows alot of words that make no sense to me but one thing that was weird is I was standing next to a cake on the counter and it showed the word “Cake”. I do not ask it questions, I just turn it on to see what it will do. I do not believe that this application can really show you what the dead are trying to communicate but I do have to say it is very entertaining. I will continue playing with it as long as it does not send us running out of a room screaming!!!

Shelly Kneupper Tucker November 16, 2009 at 7:02 am

Oh, Melissa! That’s a great story … and thanks for sharing it. Will anyone go in the bathroom alone at your house? I wouldn’t! I don’t know if it is really the dead trying to communicate, but some of the “coincidences” that happen with Ghost Radar are strange indeed!

Colton November 29, 2009 at 9:07 pm

I just got the app, so I thought that me and my two close friends should go down to an overflow system and try it out. It was pitch black out when we got there, so we sat down turned on the app and watched. At first, the occasional blue dots showed up around us. I took my ipod touch to a hole that is used as part of the overflow system, I crawled in and I saw a yellow dot right next to me, staying calm, I told my friends that there is one right beside me. The mechanical voice said out “addition” and two more yellow dots showed up! My friends dipped out of there leaving me behind, I later caught up but nothing more important was said from the readings. We plan to use it tomorrow, I’ll try to keep you guys updated.

Shelly Kneupper Tucker November 30, 2009 at 10:51 pm

Oh, Colton. I wouldn’t be climbing into holes to find ghosts :eek: You are braver than I am.

Colton December 1, 2009 at 12:00 am

k guys so me and my friends went back to the same place and used it again this time the sensor was off the charts, i walked a little into the tube, we took some pics and used the radar again this time something was in the tube, so we watched the radar and the object slowly moved towards us and then it faintly said “coming” so we dipped out of there then we went to a house that was supposivley haunted so we took some pics again but this time there was multiple readings in the house so we took pics the garge window ad we saw a paint bucket in the backround that was almost at a 45 degree angle but it wasnt falling but then it looked like there was a face and an outline of body next to the paint bucket we will go back tommorrow and check it out, i will add the photos that we took to a new album and i will post a comment with the link to the album

Colton December 1, 2009 at 12:05 am
Donald December 12, 2009 at 2:39 am

Shelly
I added the ghost radar app to my phone and the first time I used it it said Flag Don And camping well right next to me was my dads flag my name is Don and we loved camping the next time i used it it didn’t make much sense but the third time i used it it said Don again and roof so i need to check the roof now before winter I was skeptical but I’m not sure now it may be a way for them to communicate who knows!!
dad passed three years ago this month

Tegan December 27, 2009 at 3:13 pm

You’ll LOVE this.

So, I was using this in the cemetery today. I have the updated version. So as soon as I pulled into the cemetery, parked, and got out I had large blue blips surrounding me. All of a sudden my ipod said “family.” and “interest.” Hmm.. Creepy huh?

So as I was walking around I was talking to ghosts and being followed by blips and things and suddenly the ipod said “I’m”. I stopped and on my radar were 4 red blips behind me. I asked, “You’re what?” I received an IMMEDIATE answer; “baby”.

Sure enough I was standing at the foot of a grave. The death date was the same as the birth date.

Shelly Kneupper Tucker December 30, 2009 at 5:40 pm

oooh! Tegan that one is wonderful and “creepy.” Thanks for sharing it. I’ve not had opportunity lately to take my Ghost Radar anywhere. Now you have me ready to explore again.

Mike January 7, 2010 at 12:09 am

Shelly,

I work at a radio station in Dallas, and earlier today I was delivering a sportscast. I had my phone with me, and the
Ghost Radar app going. A word came up, and after the cast, when I tried to explain a connection, one of the anchors held his arms apart to signal that my suggestion was a stretch. Just then, the word stretch appeared. As soon as I told the other news anchor, Alice, about it, the name Alice appeared.

Later that night, I was sitting downstairs with my two sons, who are 10 & 7. Again, we had Ghost Radar going. Among several other words, Papa appeared. That’s what my boys call my late father, whom they never met. He passed three years before my oldest was born. My 10-year-old started asking, “Papa Joe, are you here?” A brief time later, the name Joe popped up. That’s when I got chills down my spine.

Someone suggested that this app has the ability to hear what you’re saying. I really don’t know about that, or if it’s even possible. All I know is if it couldn’t hear me, my dad must have been hanging out with us.

Shelly Kneupper Tucker January 7, 2010 at 10:34 am

Oh, Mike! That story is great! I’m going to have to share it in a thread on the main blog. Not enough people drop in to see this. If anybody else has a ghost radar story to share … comment! I’d love to hear it.

mariah January 10, 2010 at 9:45 am

I have the app on my droid it said my moms last name and my borthers name…. and in the bottom spelled out my name….. this thing creeps me out. Last night me and my boyfriend went to a cemetary… I turn its on. The radars went insane and spelled put jack. I wanted to get out of there…. ever since that I’ve seen dots on the radar like crazy. Blue green yellow red. I don’t even know how to react anymore I’m just creeped out.

Jennifer April 2, 2010 at 10:37 pm

Ok, so I know it’s been a few months since anyone has posted a comment about the ghost radar app but I just came across your blog tonight after researching stories to go along with the application itself. See, I just downloaded it to my fiance Tyson’s phone today and we had it running while visiting his mother. Tyson’s father passed away a little over two months ago, and his brother passed away a few years ago. We were sitting in the kitchen talking about the circumstances of his brother’s death when the ghost radar came up with the words “hung” and “sleep” – his brother was found hung in the closet but the family has long suspected that it wasn’t his own doing. Later we were in a bedroom “talking” to Tyson’s late father. Each of us was wearing an article of clothing that had belonged to him – Tyson’s mother was wearing a shirt, Tyson and my son were wearing coats that belonged to him, and I was wearing one of his baseball caps – all coincidentally, I might add. Suddenly the radar showed the words “pride”, “wear”, and “me”.

Other hits we got while there were the names “Henry” – Tyson’s great-grandfather, and “Wilson” – a friend of Tyson’s father, as well as the words “slave”, “wet”, “fish”, and “Russia”.

Shelly Kneupper Tucker April 6, 2010 at 1:36 pm

Hi Jennifer. Those are some chilling experiences! I don’t know if the ghost radar is “real,” but if it’s coincidence it sure happens often, doesn’t it? I’ve got a couple of “ghost hunts” coming up soon and plan to take the ghost radar with me. I’ll be posting about them, I’m sure, whether the ghost radar gives me any hits or not. Thanks for sharing your experience.

KJ April 27, 2010 at 12:08 pm

Hello! I happened on this, like Jennifer while GOOGLing to find more information about Ghost Radar. I’ve had it about a month now and nothing extremely creepy has come up yet. I did go with my daughter to a local cemetery one evening and got a lot of big red blips on the radar-but my daughter got a “little” nervous and we had to leave before anything really interesting came up. She said she’d go back again with more people!
Don’t forget that it takes a good 20 minutes for this app to “warm up”-so all of the blips and words you might get when first launching it will probably not mean anything.
Those who think that the app somehow “listens” and produces appropriate words-Itouch has no microphone, so this can’t be the case.
Will report back after my next Cemetery trip!
kj

Geoff Foley June 21, 2010 at 2:58 pm

We were just involved in an investigation over the weekend and the other videographer there had this app on his Droid and had it out during a seance. The words that were coming up were eerily related to what was being asked in the seance.

Beyond that, around 1:30am the dog started baring like crazy in the side yard, during the seance, and we were seeing tons of dots on the radar and when she started really barking it said “pet.”

I just purchased the app for my Droid and will be using it as part of an investigation this next weekend on 22 acres of Indian burial ground, with a private cemetery on the property as well. Should be interesting.

joyce July 13, 2010 at 9:36 pm

When I first loaded Ghost Radar I was a little skepticle. I decided to try it out at some antique stores. The first two stores showed nothing on the screen. When I walked into the third store the blue dots started to appear. I folowed the dots and the blue dot stopped on my right side and the word “goose” was spoken. I looked to my right and there was a wooden goose. I continued to follow the dot and next the word “wolf” was spoken I looked to the left and there was an antique plate with a wolf painted on it. Now I’m a little creeped out. I kept following the dot. As I turned to walk thru a doorway and felt a strong sensation and the word “dropped” and then “well” was said. Just then the owner of the store walked up and asked what I had in my hand. I told her about the ghost radar and how the words were spoken before I passed the objects and then about the sensation and the words “dropped” and “well”. She told me the building had been a news paper building in the early 1900′s and that the area I had felt the strong sensation and heard the words, well and dropped, had been a well where they stored the ink for the newsaper. She showed me the floor where cement had been poured to fill in the well. Now I’m wondering if the ghost was a person who had fallen or had been pushed into the well. Maybe he was trying to tell me what happened…..I don’t know how to explain this in any logical way. Coincidence?

Genny October 8, 2010 at 11:26 am

Got this app. It did the same thing at my house,my moms house and my friends house. Its completely fake. Its a waste of $1 but you can trick your “Ghost believing” friends with it. Its also programed to say words randomly. It said the same words no matter where I went. Don’t say its because a ghost follows me, that’s just redonk.

Shelly Kneupper Tucker October 10, 2010 at 7:01 am

I don’t know what redonk is, but I’m not sure I disagree with you ;-). I believe in ghosts, but I don’t know if I believe in the app. However, I have fun with it :twisted:

karla October 31, 2010 at 9:27 pm

I just got my Andriod Ally and love ghost hunters so of course I added the app.. after walking around my house last night with nothing I went into my mothers old room until she passed on, , now my computer room, with mothers belongings in there. then my lil phone began to light up like a disco ball… and speaking, Adventure.. hum last thing my mom did before she passed on, and so forth for 1/2 hr,, i finally after setting my phone down on a box of hers and I of course had to ask ” are you my Mother” and then it replyed “YES” holy crap.. I shut it down , then tonight while watching Ghost Hunters on Tv.. yes I am glunten for punishment.. i turned it back on.. opps big mistake my daughter who lives in CA. is freaking out cause my phone.. told me what I had told my husband what I had to do tomorrow , who, what, where, and when and therefor so did my phone.. hum,, what do you think and I need to look up the name JIM Copper… ask for a name and you might get it.. and now it’s saying give cake? what the .. I made cookies hahaha fooled it,, let me know what you think..

Shelly Kneupper Tucker November 2, 2010 at 8:40 pm

Sounds like you got your money’s worth with the app! If it’s fun for you, then keep using it. I’ve had people that said they were frightened … that’s when you remove it from the phone.

Chris November 29, 2010 at 10:22 am

I was on my moms phone looking around at aps when I found one that was ghost radar.I got it of course and tried it.When I was using it,it said”State”.I didnt know what it ment so I started watching a movie and a green blimp came up and then it said”Pool”.Im like that doesnt make sence so I kept watching the movie.Then a person in the movie said”Pool”!Thats freaky!It said a bunch of other words like”Sally,court,us,tight”.This is NOT a rip off!Try it.It’ll be worth your while.

Daryl January 11, 2011 at 7:24 pm

I downloaded the app and went into my kitchen, the door does not close all the way(old house) we just use a latch lock on it to keep our cats out of the kitchen. Seconds after I locked that latch lock, it said “latch”! Not a very random word to say. Next I walked over to a lamp in the kitchen, it said “lamp”! and the words “clothes” and “bag”. We were washing clothes and had an empty clothes basket there, plus there was a plastic grocery bag in that basket!. I walked over to the fridge and said out loud as I opened it up “I’m thirsty, I need to drink some water” the next word was “EXACTLY”. Some say it is a random word generator but I don’t think so based on what it said.

Shelly Kneupper Tucker January 17, 2011 at 9:59 am

Sounds pretty eerie, Daryl.

Nicole February 22, 2011 at 7:03 pm

Ghost Radar is freaking me ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttt!!!

I just discovered this app and I’m sitting here with it on my desk and trying to be brave!

Jonathan March 3, 2011 at 1:01 am

I found this while looking up stuff on the app. I believe the app is a bit of a joke, but this sequence of coincidences had me seriously questioning it. It was about an hour ago, around 11:55 pm. I turned it on after reading some of the comments here. The word “reason” popped out of it. I decided to play along and asked, “Reason for what?” About thirty seconds passed, and the word “baby” came on the screen, so I asked “What baby?” The very moment I asked that two bright red blips starting forming behind me. I have my back to the wall, sitting on my bed, and the two blips were forming behind me near the center, so it would look like they were right outside. As soon as the first blip fully formed, POP!, the power went out. It stayed off for twenty minutes, and I only had a candle. I’m sure the explanation is totally logical, but the timing of these coincidences had my heart beating out of my chest.

Krystal March 18, 2011 at 4:12 pm

My ghost radar said the exact same thing. . .like “machinery” “test” “Tim bob Billy frank”and it keeps giving me places like “Russia” “Virginia” and “egypt”. But what I’m truly scared about is that a red dot stays at the bottom of my radar, disappears for a few minuets then comes back.it’s ALWAYS there. Twice I said please say something and it disappeared and a yellow dot took it’s place in the middle Of the radar and a word came up “paris” then “bright” then “check” makes no sense but that red dot at the bottom is always there wether I’m in a car or in my house or even in a resturaunt. . . It’s always there.

Lisa March 26, 2011 at 10:34 am

My 15 year old son installed this app last night on my phone. We were messing with it for a while and not a whole lot was happening, then he started saying something like…. I don’t think this thing works. All of a sudden a red blip came on the screen and the word hall came up on the screen. Needless to say, we were standing at the dining table right next to the hallway! His face went white, he went straight to his room and closed the door. Didn’t come out the rest of the night. If anything it’s a good tool to keep your kids in check. :)

gilbert April 1, 2011 at 5:49 am

I work in irrigations in el paso texas. As I was checking a canal I turned on the ghost radar and a red dot showed up immidiately a voice Said sally followed by enter, coal, parallel, and swam. I know that a girl crashed there not long ago and she drove over railroad tracks parallel to the canal. Coal probably cause of the train.(SWAM) She probably tried swimming and drowned. I don’t know but this is weird. The two words that freaked me out were coal because of the train and swam because of the canal.

Jodie April 13, 2011 at 10:23 am

I was getting my whelping room ready for Old English Sheepdog puppies. My app said “Sheep” “Coming”. Creepy!

Later in the week, as I was helping my daughter with her math homework, she asked me what a math symbol meant. Before I could answer, my phone said “division”…and sure enough, the sign was the division sign.

One morning it said Tallmadge…I had no clue what that meant, but later that day I received a fax sent from Tallmadge, OH.

Of course, it still says really random stuff, as well.

John farrell April 15, 2011 at 1:51 am

I also stumbled upon this page while googling for more info on this app. I’ve had several creepy experiences with this app. When I first downloaded it It said several unrelated but very pertinent words, “airplane” “food” “alot”(almost immediAtely followed by..) “pets” while those words don’t make much sense together… I’ll be on airplanes 4 times in the next 6 weeks, I am a food server at a restUrant and I have 2cats and 3 dogs. Weird but I still wasn’t convinced.

I played with the app a few times after that but nothing really interesting happened until I was at Jacques cabaret in Boston, which is haunted by at least 2 drag queens. While I was working the spotlight I turned it on. A few minutes later an entertainer know as Raquel Blake was talking to the audience about alcohol ….the app immediately said the word “drunk” I closed the app to conserve battery for later I really wanted to test the app in the basement of the bar, this basement was used to store bodies after a huge apartment fire in Boston I’m not sure On all the details of that story but none the less I wAnted to try it out down there. I went into the basement bathroom… To relieve myself turned on the app and left it on the sink …. It sAid the word “queen” I bolted upstairs to the dressing room to show my boyfriend and whoever else I could to ensure I wasn’t crazy. While we were all standing around talking I left the app open on the makeup table… It said “conversation”. (Jacques cabaret is. Female impersonator performance venue for those unfamiliar) this was on Sunday it’s now 345 am on Friday habit touched the app again until tonight. I watched ghost hunters and paranormal state earlier this evening and spent the rest of the night googling about paranormal stuff on my iPad. When the iPad finally died I turned on the ghost radar app. The first thing it said was “Johnny” ….my name is John. I grabbed my boyfriends IPhone to take a picture of the app as soon as I pressed the button to snap the picture it changed from Johnny to “block” ….blocking me from getting the picture I was trying for. A few seconds later it said “end” and my phone powered off.

Needless to say I’m a believer.

John farrell April 15, 2011 at 1:52 am

Ps female impersonators at better known as Drag queens.

Jodie April 15, 2011 at 2:20 pm

OK…now I am really freaking out! My dog was pregnant and had been in pre-labor for 3 days. I slept beside her whelping box last night. At 12:43 my app said, “birthday” followed by “possible” “danger” “involved”. At 8:40 the first of nine puppies was born. I was a bit freaked. A few hours later, a male puppy was born breech. I soon noticed he looked as if he was gasping for air. He turned blue. I ended up having to do puppy CPR for about 5 minutes before he started crying. All the while I heard gurgling and he wouldn’t breathe. I also had a second male a few minutes later come out breech and I had to do CPR again. All the pups are now OK, but that was CREEPY!!!

Dawn April 21, 2011 at 4:25 pm

I just read about your experience with the Ghost Radar. My oldest son has it on his phone as well, and I have had some personal experiences in my home and wanted to find out if I was nuts or not. I turned it on last night, and got many yellow blips and a red one occassionally. I also heard many random words that meant nothing, even when strung together. However, I am a believer in it right now. After dinner, I was clearing dishes and my dogs got up to follow me to the kitchen. I asked them where they thought they were going when the voice on the phone said “kennel”. (I put my dogs in a kennel at night when I go to bed.) It was kind of spooky and brought chills down my spine. I have put out tape recorders to try to catch voices and try to get spirits to talk into them and tell me names. This morning I got 4 names in a row within a couple minutes of each other, and one of the names is a name heard on a recording from a previous ghost hunt. EEEEERRRRRIIIIIEEEE!!!!! I do believe that it works; as for the random words, well it is the spirits talking to one another and so they would make no sense to us at all.

emily April 28, 2011 at 5:12 pm

so i got this app on my phone after my close cousin died of a really young age and my other cousin had it on her phone and the night after she died me and her sister went into her room and had the app running and it kept saying forgive tea and ray witch are the two responsible for her death. the next day when they had her doing the autopsy it kept saying hospital clock tools men. tell me thats not crazy i believe in this app

Rick May 6, 2011 at 4:07 pm

I have had some rather unsettling experiences lately with what I believe to be a paranormal entity, my gf and I had a few very strange things happen during a weekend when the weather was stormy including unexplained handprints, doors opening, lights flickering, etc all in a short period of time to where we actually had a paranormal team come and investigate. I have to say, after they came, I have no doubt that these entities are real and the main thing that I think people need to know is that they are most likely not who they say they are as most of us are supposed to pass on when we die to a better place but some seem to hang around. We were using something the team called a “voice box” where its like a radio that scans and you ask it questions and it responds, and it pretended to be my gf’s dad who has long been dead. Please just be aware that they may try to trick you into thinking they are a relative or someone else (like the person who said it said it was a baby above) so be on guard when communicating with anything like this and if you notice anything else weird happening after then you should make it clear that it is not welcome in your house

Rick May 6, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Forgot to add.. the paranormal team explained that they can read your thoughts so thats how they can pretend to be someone else, they can hang around for a while even and read your thoughts (which is rather unsettling) so just because they know intimate details, etc doesn’t mean they are necessarily that person

Shannon June 9, 2011 at 10:48 pm

I’m not sure I believe in this thing but my mom and I were using it in her room when it said the words “Danny, shown, slipped, during, rise, driving” all very close together. Then, as we were debating the connection in the words, it immediately said “combine”. A short while later it said “funny, and lucky”. My step-dad’s name is Dan and so was his Grandfather’s.
Upon waking up one morning, Dan (Grandfather) slipped and fell, breaking his hip which caused him to decline rapidly in health. He ended up passing away due to complications of this accident a few days later. The “driving” is significant as well because a few years before, he was in a very serious car accident during which his wife was killed. The words funny and lucky are perhaps a little more common but he did have an excellent sense of humor and always claimed to be lucky because he had a habit of picking up face-up pennies when he found them.
So maybe it says a bunch of random words together which could potentially be applied to just about any circumstance, but I do feel that this specific connection of words is significant. Still not sure about this app but it’s intriguing to say the least. Thanks for the post, it helps to hear other people’s stories!

suze June 20, 2011 at 9:44 am

I was playing with this the other day and sending an instant message to a friend who was talking about his jury duty coming up. I jokingly said to him, “for the Tot Mom trial?” and Ghost Radar said “court Florida”

Mrs. W. July 4, 2011 at 11:31 pm

A nurse I work with had this on his phone. We went into the report room to check it out as he said it showed a lot of activity in there the other night. While he and I sat there chatting the app started saying different unimportant words. Then all of a sudden it said “Jonathon.” That’s my son’s name, and it spelled it the way I spell it. That was shortly followed by “principal.” My son’s wife happens to be a middle school principal. It really spooked me out. Surely there has to be some logical explanation for this. Could my co-worker have manipulated something?

Deborah Claxton August 11, 2011 at 5:00 pm

was playing with my sons ghost radar and here are the words it said within 1 hours time. to me , none of it makes sense except for the “no clothes”. My husband was taking a shower when it said that and i have a step son names Thomas but he is rarely around. the words that it said without pausing are on one line. after it paused i put the next words on the next line, etc.. There were 3 yellow/red fluxes around everytime it talked.

Virginia lost
government outside dawn
lost virgina
ann beautiful certain
if
aunt dead
anyway
away production also at blood lost damage
classroom lack gate bark
flower May thy claws
concerned
brave smaller part
parallel airplane danger
Columbus attached border consist improve also child meet
official
laid
French consider although
moon

anyone have any input to any of this?? just thought i would share.

Pet October 18, 2011 at 1:21 pm

I downloaded a free version just to see :). My son was over cleaning my house and when he brought out my swiffer wet jet my phone showed two blips and said “unusual” so he said “It’s called a mop…you know to mop the floors…what do you use?” There was a second of silence then “straw”.

Sean Austin November 6, 2011 at 12:02 pm

hey loved your article about ghost radar..i myself have had dozens of unexplained things happen to me with it let alone it lead me to end up writing the theme song for it.. dont know if youve heard it before lol all the apps got an update with an ad about it..but i have audio recorded proof that it works..for example was at a cemetery..and i was recording audio at the sametime..ghost radar says..taken..mental..i was like were you takin away to a mental hospital?..then ghost radar says “betsy” and after that on the recording you hear someone whisper “betsy”..the best one i have is a evp of a woman saying “my husband killed me while i slept” when you hear the word slept the ghost radar said the word slept at the sametime u hear a voice say it like it was a layered friggen cake of a word lol…so trust me it works!!!
Sean

Pearl November 8, 2011 at 4:06 pm

I downloaded it some time ago, and after playing with it for a month, my husband and I decided to delete the app, because it was starting to creep us out.

It’s been quite a while so I don’t remember everything it said. I remember one incident vividly, though. My husband, his sister, and I were chatting with a neighbor about their jobs, when the app suddenly said “POLICE.”

My husband and his sister are both custom officers. So you can bet that the hair on my arms all stood up. It was a few days after that incident that my husband and I decided to delete the app from my phone and his iPod.

However, my interest in the paranormal world has not faded, so I just downloaded and installed it on my phone again.

Ima Bayotch November 10, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Downloaded this at work with my employees…..phone said
” swim”, “ocean” ,” Frank”….Two hours later, I was notified that a family friend had died…..His name was Frank, he had retired to florida to be by the ocean,and he lovedto swim!!!
The hair on my arms and neck stood up…… Totally freaked out!

Daryl November 15, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Was at the cemetery and me and my mother we were just looking around at different graves, upon leaving and getting in the car it said “James” and I just happened to ask “were are you James?” it said “beneath” and in the area we were looking my mother said she had seen a grave that said James.

Cassondra December 11, 2011 at 10:01 pm

My free Ghost Radar app said “Tim” too…seems a little phony, but it does say the word “marriage” when I was watching a wedding video on tv, and also when I was checking my sons fever it said “Temperature”.

Comments on this entry are closed.

{ 5 trackbacks }