I have five ghost story CDs to give away in a random drawing, just in time for Halloween.
My friends Jamie and Damien keep telling me to make a CD of my stories to sell … and I have one (from 2003), I just didn’t have money this summer to get copies made. Now, I have the money, but no time! Isn’t that the way it always goes? I decided to give those ghost story CDs away to get a little action on my blog traffic. Yes, I know it’s pathetic, but I like attention.
If you have tiny tots, this is NOT the ghost story tape you want for them. It’s a collection of stories I tell for adults and for students from Middle School up. Here is what I said in the “liner notes” for Haunted Happenings:
Don’t be afraid of the dark … spirits walk in the daytime, too! They don’t just inhabit lonely back roads and drafty old castles. Sometimes ghosts can be found in hotels, restaurants, and in the family kitchen.
This collection of stories is not for the very young. Oh, the stories aren’t gruesome. But they cause a chill to pass up your spine and your hair to stand on end. People I believe told many of the stories to me in an abbreviated form. I let my own wild imagination flesh out the bones of the stories.
As you listen to these tales, use your imagination! Believe them … or not. It’s up to you.
There are six stories on the CD: “La Mesilla,” “Long Tom March,” “Beth Gellert,” “The Nest,” “Saved By A Coffin,” and “Your Bed Is Over Water.” I like them all but the last is probably my favorite ghost story to tell.
So are you interested in having a ghost story CD from a storyteller designated as an “American Masterpiece” by the National Endowment of the Arts? It’s simple … I think.
TO ENTER THE DRAWING:
- Leave a comment ON THIS POST. Feel free to comment on other posts, if you would like, but ONLY comments on this post give you an entry in the drawing.
- You may leave ONE comment per day on this post. Each will count as ONE ENTRY.
- Do you have a Twitter account? Press that green “tweet” button at the top of this post. EACH TWEET will count as TWO ENTRIES. I will count TWO TWEETS per day (I can’t keep up with more!) If you don’t press that button, but choose to post on Twitter about it, make sure your tweet has “@shellytucker” and the url for this post, or I will never know to count it!
- If you have an account on another social network, and choose to promote the contest, you will have to contact me to tell me you did it! I’ll count it as TWO ENTRIES.
- IF you have a blog, and want to link to this page (to share the opportunity to win with your readers … and because I’d love the link), be sure to link to THIS POST. Then come and TELL ME, because I’m not very observant. Each blog post entry will count as FIVE ENTRIES.
I will close the comments on this post on SUNDAY, OCTOBER 18TH, 2009 at midnight ( the DEADline, hee hee), and post the name of the winners at some point on Tuesday. The winners will have 48 hours to give me a delivery address, or a runner-up will be chosen to receive the CD. I will put them in the mail on Friday, October 23rd so you will have them in time for your Halloween festivities.
Does that make sense? If so, stop lurking and say, “Boo!” That’s all it takes for an entry to win a ghost story CD in time for Halloween.