Jupiter House Java In Black And White

I enjoy making people jealous. Sorry. I’m wicked like that. If you saw “my” coffee house, you would turn green with envy. So, I thought I would show you my morning “routine.” Being a coffee addict, I have to go to Jupiter House, on the square here in Denton, to get my “fix.”

Perfect cup of mocha

Perfect cup of mocha

I realize that this cup of mocha is almost too pretty to drink (but it is as delicious as it looks!). You should see the process that was used, with chocolate syrup, to create that lovely flower.

The artist

The artist

Oops! I got distracted for a moment (I’m old, but I’m not dead). Below is the process he used.

creating a mocha masterpiece

creating a mocha masterpiece

After drizzling the chocolate, a toothpick is used to spread it to make an image. Usually, while my coffee is being made, I wander around the coffee house saying, “Howdy, How y’all doin’ this mornin’.” [YES … I’m afraid I really talk like that. If you ever hear me put the “g” at the end of an “ing,” you’ll know I’m feeling threatened by an authoritative figure.]

morning coffee house crowd

morning coffee house crowd

And, while I wait for my perfect cup of mocha, I try to get all “artsy fartsy” and snap pictures of syrup bottles standing at attention.

syrup soldiers

syrup soldiers

Rank and file

Rank and file

Did I make you jealous? If so, head to Jupiter House in Denton, Texas. I’ll meet you there and buy you a “cuppa.”

This is entered in the Monochrome Weekly Theme. Visit it to find other photos in black and white.

42 comments for “Jupiter House Java In Black And White

1. October 11, 2009 at 5:21 am

And all I do is go to the kitchen and press Java.
    A nice piece of reportage.
    .-= Aileni´s last blog ..In triplicate… =-.

2. October 11, 2009 at 5:40 am

Pleassseeeee….. take me theRE!! just love coffe, and… gush…that man!!… This have to be my favourite post this Sunday ,he and you made mye day. Thanks for shering my new friend.
    .-= Anne´s last blog ..Monochrome Monday =-.

• October 11, 2009 at 6:02 am

Oh, my, Anne. Did I get your heart rate up this morning? I was afraid he might have that effect (but remember, I’m trying to make you jealous! :lol:). I think you have a bit of a travel to get here, but come on!

3. Silvia
    October 11, 2009 at 6:10 am

Wow! That’s amazing… Such a beautiful work. I never thought of painting a cup of coffee!

• October 11, 2009 at 6:16 am

😆 It almost seems wasted art, because I down it pretty quickly. You should see all the images they put on the surface of it. Not just flowers… the geometric images are awesome

4. Silvia
    October 11, 2009 at 6:16 am

BTW I love your blog!

5. October 11, 2009 at 6:49 am

i think i will go get myself a cuppa now
    .-= Bengbeng´s last blog ..Monochrome maniacs : sea snake =-.

• October 11, 2009 at 7:01 am

I definitely could use some, now that I’ve spent the morning looking at it!

6. October 11, 2009 at 6:58 am

Nice, I really want to taste it! I come over!!
    .-= christina´s last blog ..Monochrome weekly =-.

7. October 11, 2009 at 7:00 am

Perfect cup of mocha – perfect pic for monochrome. Great series and intersting post 🙂

Have a nice day 🙂
    .-= Lene´s last blog ..Monochrome secret =-.

• October 11, 2009 at 7:18 am

Thank you, Lene. Since photography isn’t my strength, I have to tell a story! 😆

8. October 11, 2009 at 7:09 am

Your right, I want one too..
    .-= Tanja´s last blog ..Help | Misplaced =-.

• October 11, 2009 at 7:16 am

😆 I’m going to be buying a lot of coffee this morning!

9. October 11, 2009 at 9:15 am

I can’t stand coffee, but the picture “tasted” good! 🙂
    .-= RuneE´s last blog ..The British Museum – inside =-.

10. October 11, 2009 at 9:46 am

Very nice shots. That is quite an art in itself!
    .-= Miranda´s last blog ..Monochrome Maniacs =-.

11. October 11, 2009 at 11:58 am

Very nice series of B&W. Though you make me jealous, can you spare me a mocha serving now?
    .-= Danton´s last blog ..A Fallen Tree =-.

• October 12, 2009 at 9:11 am

I’m a little late with a reply. I hope you survived. If you wanna come on over, I’ll drive you down to Jupiter House and get you a fix.

12. October 11, 2009 at 1:56 pm

Oh my nice Artist, =D oh I mean Mocha yeah we are talking about the Perfect Artist, sorry again, about the Perfect Mocha right?
    I am a fan of the White Russian coffee, Mmm DELICIOSO =)
    It was a pleasure stopping by your lovely♥blog!
    Glad I join this meme because I found awesome photographers like YoÜ with Perfect Shots!
    Here is “My Monochrome♥“<–Hope you like it☺
    Happy☺Monochrome☺Day!
    ~Mamí♥Picture
    .-= Mami Picture´s last blog ..Monochrome Weekly Theme… =-.

• October 12, 2009 at 9:13 am

I’ve never tried Russian White coffee. I may have to try it. Yes, the “artist” is rather nice, eh? He will be delighted that people think so.

13. October 11, 2009 at 9:56 pm

This post makes me wish that I like coffee! I love all of your photos.
    .-= jennifer´s last blog ..5 Random Word Challenge =-.

• October 12, 2009 at 9:14 am

Thank you, Jennifer. It was fun trying to take them … even though folks looked at me as if I had a screw loose in my head.

14. October 12, 2009 at 2:26 am

Wow…I dont even like coffee…Think I am about to change my mind after viewing your pics…Not only a good looking coffe u got there… 😉 Nice series of monopics. Kram från Sverige. 🙂
    .-= Mikabella´s last blog ..MåndagsTema, Orolig… =-.

• October 12, 2009 at 9:16 am

Thank you, Mikabella. I enjoyed your post, too! I appreciate your visit.

15. October 12, 2009 at 3:04 am

You crack me up. I’d love to be able to join you for that morning cappucino one day!
    .-= Robin from Israel´s last blog ..The obvious choice =-.

16. October 12, 2009 at 4:58 am

great captures and commentary!
    .-= magiceye´s last blog ..Monochrome mania =-.

17. October 12, 2009 at 8:37 am

So how much is that lovely cuppa? Pretty pix.
    .-= Daryl´s last blog ..monochrome monday =-.

• October 12, 2009 at 8:40 am

Ummm…. how much? Well, lemme see. It’s designer coffee. I must admit that you could probably buy a pound of coffee for the price of two cups. But, you wouldn’t get the flower!

18. October 12, 2009 at 10:15 am

THANK YOU for speakin’ without a “g”. That form of talk is one of the most comfortin’ sounds to me! 😉

• October 12, 2009 at 10:18 am

Sure, darlin’, but you’re probably one of the few folks readin’ my blog who understand that kinda talk. 😆

19. October 12, 2009 at 10:27 am

I’m jealous of your coffee flower. I got lazy this morning and didn’t even make my own coffee, just opened a can of diet Coke. Still doing the clean up from Thanksgiving dinner yesterday.
    .-= Laura´s last blog ..Arranging Pieces =-.

• October 12, 2009 at 10:30 am

Shoot, Laura! It never occurred to me that you were Canadian, eh? Happy Thanksgiving … a bit late. Do y’all eat turkey up there? Just to show how ignorant I am…

20. October 12, 2009 at 11:55 am

This post was unique..being a coffee lover, I think I can relate. I love that picture up top..honestly, I think I’ve been in the wooleys too long because I ‘ve never seen a cup made quite like that!
    .-= Kilauea Poetry´s last blog ..Lava Rock =-.

• October 12, 2009 at 12:20 pm

I made you jealous! I get coffee like that every stinkin’ day. But, I’d buy you a cup if you want to swim an ocean to get here 😆

21. October 13, 2009 at 12:17 am

Yummy, yummy (and those bedroom eyes? *yikes!) Okay, I’m hoppin’ on my broom. See ya in the morning!
    .-= Thorne´s last blog ..Witch Bitch? =-.