heart

Ready For Another Round Of Link Love?

by Shelly Kneupper Tucker on March 22, 2010©

It’s been a while since I’ve posted a little “link love” on my blog. The main reason is because when I look back on older posts with links I discover that many of the links are broken. I’m having to just remove the posts from my archives. What’s the deal here? People change their blog addresses or they abandon their blogs altogether. I don’t see how they can do it. Personally, I’m addicted to talking to you.

I looked through my comment pages so I could give some love to the people who are talking back to me (not sassing me, just commenting), and decided to send y’all to a few sites that have interested me lately. By no means is this all of them, but I’ll name a few that I haven’t named before:

• Be sure to check out Van Sutherland’s “caption contest” post at Exile Imaging. This man and his wife are excellent photographers — they make me so jealous I could spit! He has posted a picture of a really grungy cowboy cook, and he’s searching for a good caption for it. You get three chances to get his attention, and if you win you get an 8 x 10 enlargement of any of the photos on his gallery. Yeah, click it … because you want to see them. You want to win one … but, I’m telling you right now that if you have a better caption than mine, I get half the picture for telling you about it! I’d settle for half of one of Van’s photos.
  • A long time ago I told you that Colorado Bob was trying to raise money for a “Shelter Box” for a family in Haiti. It is a “kit” that includes a tent and many items needed to survive a disaster. Bob didn’t just raise money for “a” shelter box — he’s working on the 99th shelter box! People, that’s enough shelter for 999 people. He’s so close! If you can do it, please take the time to visit his site at Just Giving and just give. Though the people of Haiti aren’t in the news anymore, it doesn’t mean that they don’t still need our help.
  • Joy, at Stop Blogging and Cook, has tickled my funny bone on her blog more than once. She is passionate about cooking, obviously … but Joy, if I stop blogging I won’t be reading your posts. I don’t get it? Anyway, I tried her Forbidden Rice Salad and loved it. I’m looking forward to trying some other recipes
  • Over at the Backroads Photo Blog, Anita is giving me the itch to get out and enjoy the world with her bird’s eye view of a mushroom. She also makes me want to check out some other areas of north Texas. She lives somewhere in my neck of the woods, and enjoys stopping into little towns to snap a photo or two. But, her photos are waaaay better than mine.
  • Anne, at Rosary Studio had a wonderful post called The Work of Human Hands that brought me to tears.

Five at a time is all I’m going to give you, though I already have notes ready for a second link love post. I don’t want to wear you out or frighten you away. But, y’all really should check out these blogs. You’ll add them to your feed reader, I’m just bettin’ you will.

{ 10 comments }

Elizabeth March 22, 2010 at 8:04 pm

I love checking out new blogs! Marking these to read in the morning. I’m off to bed since I gotta get up early for work.
.-= Elizabeth´s last blog ..St Jude’s Trike-a-thon fundraiser for Kiddo =-.

Shelly Kneupper Tucker March 24, 2010 at 7:57 am

You will enjoy them!

Van Sutherland March 22, 2010 at 8:10 pm

Thanks for the link, Shelly!
.-= Van Sutherland´s last blog ..Spring! =-.

Shelly Kneupper Tucker March 24, 2010 at 7:39 am

You are so welcome! I want everybody to find you :-)

Joy March 23, 2010 at 9:57 am

What a nice surprise this morning to discover that you called out my little corner as a site you enjoy. Thank you for the shout out. I am humbled – delighted to make you laugh – and enjoy your take on life’s eclectic moments.

I’m glad you asked about the name. If it’s confusing to you perhaps it is to others. Our culture is too sedentary, with lots of people spending lots of time viewing, voting, virtual friending, typing, twitting, commenting and, all-too-often complaining, judging and ranting instead of participating in life and enjoying social interaction with actual people. A nation of over-fed and under-nourished, we live amid an embarrassment of plenty while mired in a poverty of elusive health and well-being. We seem to be – as a culture and for the most part – unhealthy or unhappy.

Stop Blogging And Cook is a lighthearted call to action tied to our collective inability to navigate through markets and kitchens to feed ourselves every day whole foods and meals of real value. Getting out of our chairs is a step in the right direction, whether people use my words as a guide or a cookbook on their bookshelf (I know you have one). My aim is to bring simplicity to the marketplace and the kitchen (I know you have one of those, too) to dispel myths such as “food preparation is difficult,” “eating well is confusing” and “cooking is too time-consuming”.

So put down that mouse, go the green market for some fresh-from-the-farm food, and become reacquainted with your kitchen. When shopping is done, you’ll have food in the fridge. When cooking is done, we eat!
.-= Joy´s last blog ..LET THE REVOLUTION BEGIN! =-.

Shelly Kneupper Tucker March 24, 2010 at 7:41 am

:lol: But, again, Joy …. If we are cooking, we can’t read blogs … YOURS included.

Seriously, though, you have a point … and I love your mission. That’s why I told folks about you.

Jamie March 23, 2010 at 4:08 pm

I tagged you with a Hershey’s Better Basket blog Hop. Nice chance for a charitable act.
.-= Jamie´s last blog ..Hershey’s Better Basket Blog Hop =-.

Shelly Kneupper Tucker March 24, 2010 at 7:44 am

I’ll get by there and see what I can do with it :-)

Anita March 23, 2010 at 6:54 pm

Thank you so much for your very kind words and link to my Backroads blog. Perhaps we can one day share an afternoon exploring some of the little bitty towns ’round these parts.

Shelly Kneupper Tucker March 24, 2010 at 7:47 am

That would be delightful, Anita … and I would be intimidated by your photography skills! I was tickled to find you out there, so I’m pleased to link back to you.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post: