It’s been a while since I’ve posted a little “link love” on my blog. The main reason is because when I look back on older posts with links I discover that many of the links are broken. I’m having to just remove the posts from my archives. What’s the deal here? People change their blog addresses or they abandon their blogs altogether. I don’t see how they can do it. Personally, I’m addicted to talking to you.
I looked through my comment pages so I could give some love to the people who are talking back to me (not sassing me, just commenting), and decided to send y’all to a few sites that have interested me lately. By no means is this all of them, but I’ll name a few that I haven’t named before:
- Be sure to check out Van Sutherland’s “caption contest” post at Exile Imaging. This man and his wife are excellent photographers — they make me so jealous I could spit! He has posted a picture of a really grungy cowboy cook, and he’s searching for a good caption for it. You get three chances to get his attention, and if you win you get an 8 x 10 enlargement of any of the photos on his gallery. Yeah, click it … because you want to see them. You want to win one … but, I’m telling you right now that if you have a better caption than mine, I get half the picture for telling you about it! I’d settle for half of one of Van’s photos.
- A long time ago I told you that Colorado Bob was trying to raise money for a “Shelter Box” for a family in Haiti. It is a “kit” that includes a tent and many items needed to survive a disaster. Bob didn’t just raise money for “a” shelter box — he’s working on the 99th shelter box! People, that’s enough shelter for 999 people. He’s so close! If you can do it, please take the time to visit his site at Just Giving and just give. Though the people of Haiti aren’t in the news anymore, it doesn’t mean that they don’t still need our help.
- Joy, at Stop Blogging and Cook, has tickled my funny bone on her blog more than once. She is passionate about cooking, obviously … but Joy, if I stop blogging I won’t be reading your posts. I don’t get it? Anyway, I tried her Forbidden Rice Salad and loved it. I’m looking forward to trying some other recipes
- Over at the Backroads Photo Blog, Anita is giving me the itch to get out and enjoy the world with her bird’s eye view of a mushroom. She also makes me want to check out some other areas of north Texas. She lives somewhere in my neck of the woods, and enjoys stopping into little towns to snap a photo or two. But, her photos are waaaay better than mine.
- Anne, at Rosary Studio had a wonderful post called The Work of Human Hands that brought me to tears.
Five at a time is all I’m going to give you, though I already have notes ready for a second link love post. I don’t want to wear you out or frighten you away. But, y’all really should check out these blogs. You’ll add them to your feed reader, I’m just bettin’ you will.